My new puppy Lila

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
freshexcuse89
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hello! My name is Stephen and I live in Columbus, OH. My puppy’s name is Lila, and she is a 4 month Dutch Shepherd mix (we think!)

My new puppy Lila

Post by freshexcuse89 »

Hello! I rescued Lila from Molly's Mutts Rescue in Dixon, KY back in May. Is she a DS mix? She is 4 months old now and about 20lbs.
Attachments
IMG_3383.jpg
IMG_3383.jpg (997.57 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
IMG_3267.jpg
IMG_3267.jpg (932.38 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
IMG_3174.jpg
IMG_3174.jpg (411.12 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: My new puppy Lila

Post by ladyjubilee »

Oh my goodness, what a cutie patootie. She adorable. Looks like she will be a big girl if she is only 4 months.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Lila is a gorgeous dog. It's really difficult to tell if there's any DS.

The proliferation of white is abnormal for DS, so she could be a GSD or Malinois mixed with one of the 100s of other brindle breeds.

If you really want to know for sure, you might consider either an Embark or Wisdom DNA test.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
freshexcuse89
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hello! My name is Stephen and I live in Columbus, OH. My puppy’s name is Lila, and she is a 4 month Dutch Shepherd mix (we think!)

Post by freshexcuse89 »

I got the Embark test so I should know for sure in a couple weeks. I figured the white markings are a bit unusual for DS, but everything else seems to point towards that or Malinois.

Thanks for the insight!
Jessfields77
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I’ma new pup parent to a Dutch shepherd rescue named Gunner. He’s about 4 months old, super smart and a quick learner! He’s also growing so fast!

Post by Jessfields77 »

Did you ever find out with your dna test? She looks similar to my pup, so I'm curious!
Jess and my rescue pup Gunner, Grand Rapids, MI