Changes-COVID Impact on Dogs

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Changes-COVID Impact on Dogs

Post by ladyjubilee »

We have a new issue that has sprung up-separation anxiety. Because we had to stay home just about all the time, Bramble has gotten too used to us all being home. It started when my son went back to school (she doesn't go with him). But now when we go out, we come home to find her whining in the window, and evidence she has either spent a lot of time in the window or torn up things. I will soon be going back to work, which means there will be times she and Casper are alone for short periods. I know she will adjust, its just as change.

How are your dogs handling all these changes? Are you seeing any differences in behavior?
Last edited by ladyjubilee on Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Chamges-COVID Impact on Dogs

Post by centrop67 »

So far, Mustang only knows that I am always home except for some very brief times I am gone for errands.

My work says they will be eventually bringing employees back to the office with an option to work 50% from home.

I am hoping that will allow me to work half a day in the office and half a day at home which would allow us to have some continuity to the current situation.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Changes-COVID Impact on Dogs

Post by TimL_168 »

With my son going back to school for two days a week now, Endeavor has been gnawing on a couple windows. We may go back to crating get during the day.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor