America's Top Dog Season 2

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

America's Top Dog Season 2

Post by ladyjubilee »

Well, bummer. I have been disappointed this season. I learned so much from the last season and this one has just been goofy.

I so wish they would get a trainer back to co hour. Someone who could explain what is happening instead of distracting.

Has anyone else watched?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: America's Top Dog Season 2

Post by centrop67 »

My trainer was on this week's episode with her dog Magnus.

I haven't seen it yet, but I did watch the 1st episode. I am also a little disappointed in the show this season, and I have some inside info from my trainer that I will share after watching her episode.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Cool cool
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

I thought that was her. Great dog.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

The producers told her just before her run that she could not use the ramp at the water and had to use the dock. She spent all her practice runs using the ramp, and you can see that Magnus wanted to be in his comfort zone. I think Magnus would have easily one that round if she went straight to the ramp. She said there is a lot of last minute variables being thrown at the competitors that we don't get to see in the show. I've kind of lost interest in the show now - it's more of a carnival then an exposition of what these amazing dogs can do.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

I found it odd that they went for the ramp. I wonder why they did it.

Does Magnus dock dive? We haven't done it enough but Bramble had started to get the hang of it before it got too cold..pre COVID.

I agree, it hasn't showed the dogs well..mainly because there isn't a real trainer to explain what we are seeing.