Hi, All!

For our new members to introduce themselves
WaveXL
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: In response to your question, I grew up with a very smart high-energy border collie mix as my constant companion. I miss that connection. Adoption of a Dutch shepherd is a commitment which I don't take lightly. Few other breeds match the potential of the DS as a working dog. I understand that high guidance and activity demands go along with ownership. I want to gather more DS breed specific information by spending time with dogs and trainers before making a final decision to adopt. I'm very excited to learn more fron the forum about what to look for in a fun and sweet sport dog.

Hi, All!

Post by WaveXL »

Adoption of a Dutch shepherd is a commitment which I don't take lightly. I understand that high guidance and activity demands go along with ownership.
I want to gather more DS breed specific information by spending time with dogs and trainers before making a final decision to adopt.
I'm very excited to learn more from the forum about what to look for in a high energy, fun and sweet sport dog.
Joe B
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Hi, All!

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum.

I see that you are looking to adopt. Have you started the process with any of the rescues? All of them have an application process you might want to start now. This gives them the opportunity to match the right dog for you.

One of the best sources of information will be a local working dog club. Most of the time, their regular training sessions are open to the public, and you get to hear and see hands on experience.

Good luck
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers