Hello from New York!

For our new members to introduce themselves
WorkEnthusiast
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'm a licensed veterinary technologist who's worked with different breeds over the past 10yrs. Finally ready to move forward with a Dutch Shepherd.

Hello from New York!

Post by WorkEnthusiast »

I'm a veterinary technologist in NY, who's been in the field for over 12yrs. It's taken 10 years for me to feel ready, but now I've taken the steps to raise my very own Dutchie. I've placed a deposit with Duke Simpson of Kingdom Kennels, and hopefully I'll have my very own pup by early next year :DSlove: Until then, I will be lurking through the forum to further prepare myself for this huge undertaking. And before you drag me through the mud, I have raised working dogs (just not the caliber of DS) and I understand the needs of this breed - I originally wanted a Malligator. I look forward to interacting with you all!
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Hello from New York!

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
WorkEnthusiast
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'm a licensed veterinary technologist who's worked with different breeds over the past 10yrs. Finally ready to move forward with a Dutch Shepherd.

Post by WorkEnthusiast »

centrop67 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:52 pm Welcome to the forum.
Thank you!
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Welcome!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
WorkEnthusiast
Just Whelped

Post by WorkEnthusiast »

TimL_168 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:25 amWelcome!
Thanks so much! :)
TheVII
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Grew up with dogs, but none as a particular as the dutch shepherds. We decided to get a Dutch shepherd pup, but before we commit more feedback would be appreciated.

Post by TheVII »

Welcome.

Not sure what prepares you for the first Dutchie...it's like preparing for your pet Honey badger....but despite that, owning one is probably the most rewarding dog owner experience, and with enough preparation and your experience you'd probably be able to adopt quickly to the things you cannot prepare for.

I kinda want a second one already...
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Yep. Much like being an effective parent or teacher, observation and adaptability are crucial trainer characteristics needed to building a good dog
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
DMNC
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Im from Manila. I own a Dutch Shepherd and a Jack Russell Terrier

Post by DMNC »

Welcome to the forum!