I'm a new Dutch Shepherd companion, Hello Group!

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
JoseyDutchBoy1
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am a new Dutch Shepherd/Malinois mix owner, Josey is a male 10 weeks old.

I'm a new Dutch Shepherd companion, Hello Group!

Post by JoseyDutchBoy1 »

Josey 8 months.jpg
Josey 8 months.jpg (1001.45 KiB) Viewed 3276 times
Josey (named after Josey Wales) is a 10 month old Dutch Shepherd/Malinois mix. His Sire and Dam both look like Dutch Shepherds but the breeder claims he is mixed and I am attached to him so it doesn't matter to me either way. (He came with no papers stating otherwise)

I hope to learn the proper way to interact with Josey, to me he is GREAT...

I attached a picture as well
laboswell
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi everyone! We're from the Atlanta, Georgia area of the US. I'm the proud mom of a blended family with two amazing young adults.

We're not new to higher drive dogs. We adopted our current puppy from the shelter on 3/30/2022 and named him Graham. Our older guy is a Border Collie/Lab Mix.

He's 'presumed' to be a Dutch mix. So far he's been a bundle of puppy energy, extremely quick to pick up on things and he's so loving and just soaks up the loves, cuddles and scritches like a sponge!

Update 2022-04-26: Shepherd/Boxer/Lab/Golden Mix

Re: I'm a new Dutch Shepherd companion, Hello Group!

Post by laboswell »

JoseyDutchBoy1 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:23 pm Josey 8 months.jpg
Josey (named after Josey Wales) is a 10 month old Dutch Shepherd/Malinois mix. His Sire and Dam both look like Dutch Shepherds but the breeder claims he is mixed and I am attached to him so it doesn't matter to me either way. (He came with no papers stating otherwise)

I hope to learn the proper way to interact with Josey, to me he is GREAT...

I attached a picture as well
Hey there! How is Josey doing? How are you adjusting to the new puppy?
Just another person that loves animals. Thought w had a Dutch but he ended up being a genetic mutt. Work, life, kids, husband, career, dogs, koi all the normal things!