Southern Maryland, USA just added another Dutch/Mal to our population!

For our new members to introduce themselves
JoseyDutchBoy1
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am a new Dutch Shepherd/Malinois mix owner, Josey is a male 10 weeks old.

Southern Maryland, USA just added another Dutch/Mal to our population!

Post by JoseyDutchBoy1 »

I guess I already messed up and posted my information on the wrong section... Sorry about that! Hello everyone!!!! I look forward to using you all to help me become a successful companion to my awesome new family member - Josey

We reside in beautiful Southern Maryland, Josey is 10 weeks old and I am a far site older! I know I have my work cut out to keep up with him but I am up to the task! I just hope my wheelchair gets around the yard as fast as he runs! (That's a joke referring to my age - not trying to make anyone mad)

Have a good day or night, whatever time represents your location!

Chris
Attachments
Josey 8 months Copy.jpg
Josey 8 months Copy.jpg (660.68 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Southern Maryland, USA just added another Dutch/Mal to our population!

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum.

Training has to start right away - short sessions all day. It should be all about engagement with you right now.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Howdy!
I second what Michael said! Work on building engagement and it will take you both very far!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
laboswell
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi everyone! We're from the Atlanta, Georgia area of the US. I'm the proud mom of a blended family with two amazing young adults.

We're not new to higher drive dogs. We adopted our current puppy from the shelter on 3/30/2022 and named him Graham. Our older guy is a Border Collie/Lab Mix.

He's 'presumed' to be a Dutch mix. So far he's been a bundle of puppy energy, extremely quick to pick up on things and he's so loving and just soaks up the loves, cuddles and scritches like a sponge!

Update 2022-04-26: Shepherd/Boxer/Lab/Golden Mix

Post by laboswell »

Handsome young man you've got there! SO much fluff! lol We're new, too, but ours is just a tad older at ~5 1⁄2 months. If that's accurate then ours is 6 months next week.
Just another person that loves animals. Thought w had a Dutch but he ended up being a genetic mutt. Work, life, kids, husband, career, dogs, koi all the normal things!