New Owners of a presumed Dutch Mix, Atlanta, GA!

For our new members to introduce themselves
laboswell
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi everyone! We're from the Atlanta, Georgia area of the US. I'm the proud mom of a blended family with two amazing young adults.

We're not new to higher drive dogs. We adopted our current puppy from the shelter on 3/30/2022 and named him Graham. Our older guy is a Border Collie/Lab Mix.

He's 'presumed' to be a Dutch mix. So far he's been a bundle of puppy energy, extremely quick to pick up on things and he's so loving and just soaks up the loves, cuddles and scritches like a sponge!

Update 2022-04-26: Shepherd/Boxer/Lab/Golden Mix

New Owners of a presumed Dutch Mix, Atlanta, GA!

Post by laboswell »

Hello from the suburbs of Atlanta, GA!

This is our new family member Graham, named after Steve Irwin's most famous croc Graham. 😏.

We're new to the Dutch breed but we've had Border Collies, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, etc, so we're familiar with larger dogs that need jobs. This one's job will be to be my running and hiking buddy and to chaperone me while I'm working - after we get his obedience dialed in.

We adopted him from the local shelter. We're theorizing that he's a Dutch and German or Malinois mix. If he's a Mal, please send help! 🤣 DNA test will show up early May. 🤞
Graham Boswell 3-30-2022
Graham Boswell 3-30-2022
Resized_IMG_20220330_142001_362.jpeg (138.49 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
Graham & Eliot
Graham & Eliot
20220410_141643.jpg (2.95 MiB) Viewed 1885 times
Just another person that loves animals. Thought w had a Dutch but he ended up being a genetic mutt. Work, life, kids, husband, career, dogs, koi all the normal things!
laboswell
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi everyone! We're from the Atlanta, Georgia area of the US. I'm the proud mom of a blended family with two amazing young adults.

We're not new to higher drive dogs. We adopted our current puppy from the shelter on 3/30/2022 and named him Graham. Our older guy is a Border Collie/Lab Mix.

He's 'presumed' to be a Dutch mix. So far he's been a bundle of puppy energy, extremely quick to pick up on things and he's so loving and just soaks up the loves, cuddles and scritches like a sponge!

Update 2022-04-26: Shepherd/Boxer/Lab/Golden Mix

Re: New Owners of a presumed Dutch Mix, Atlanta, GA!

Post by laboswell »

Embark DNA tests are in. Sadly, no Dutch and Embark says they have do the capability to test for Dutch results.

Daddy must have been Brindle, too, or had a lot of the Brindle gene to pass on. We have a purebred Mutt!

Attachments
Embark DNA Test Results 2022-04-26
Embark DNA Test Results 2022-04-26
graham212.png (104.76 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
Just another person that loves animals. Thought w had a Dutch but he ended up being a genetic mutt. Work, life, kids, husband, career, dogs, koi all the normal things!