First Dutch Shepherd puppy

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Naked_Pagan
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am a first time owner and have had pitbulls most of adult life. I have a 12 WK old (born 04/05/23) Dutch Shepherd and a 13 yr old pitbull currently

First Dutch Shepherd puppy

Post by Naked_Pagan »

Long time listener, first time caller

Edit: she is 12wks old and 23lbs and named Yrsa
Attachments
My new poochie
My new poochie
IMG_20230604_190258.jpg (232.54 KiB) Viewed 3448 times
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: First Dutch Shepherd puppy

Post by centrop67 »

Look at that little heartbreaker.

Welcome Yrsa
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Naked_Pagan
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am a first time owner and have had pitbulls most of adult life. I have a 12 WK old (born 04/05/23) Dutch Shepherd and a 13 yr old pitbull currently

Post by Naked_Pagan »

Love how she's polar opposites lol, she’s either (to quote spinal tap) on 11 or in full chill mode no in between. I've always had bully breeds and decided to get her when i came across her. An uhoh from a k9 and their personal pet both Dutchies. Shes learning quickly and the only issue so far is she absolutely hates harnesses going over ears.
Jean512
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: from US now living in Finland, enjoying life with a long-haired Dutch shepherd (FCI) born 2022-09-25

Post by Jean512 »

Ohhh what a cutie, those giant ears! Hope you're surviving the puppy weeks okay :lol: I was exhausted 24/7 for a while. It gets better!
--Jean
Naked_Pagan
Just Whelped

Post by Naked_Pagan »

It's definitely a learning curve going from bully breeds to her however she's coming along nicely 😁.
Only question I have is she's 12 weeks old and already 26 in long nose to bum and 25 lb is that normal?
Naked_Pagan
Just Whelped

Post by Naked_Pagan »

Aliyaai
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Aliya Khan I am a blogger

Post by Aliyaai »

Naked_Pagan wrote: ↑Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:18 am It's definitely a learning curve going from bully breeds to her however she's coming along nicely 😁.
Only question I have is she's 12 weeks old and already 26 in long nose to bum and 25 lb is that normal?
Hi guys
Wow, your pup is growing at an impressive rate! While every dog develops differently, it's important to monitor their growth to ensure they're healthy. Given her length and weight at 12 weeks, she might be on the larger side, but it's always a good idea to consult with a veterinarian to confirm if her growth is within a healthy range for her breed and size. Keep up the great work with her training! πŸ˜„free fire name
Naked_Pagan
Just Whelped

Post by Naked_Pagan »

Her 12 week check up and shots I talked to the vet and she told me that this breed grows rapidly for the first 6 to 8 months and then starts leveling off on growth (so after 6 to 8 months she'll still grow for close to 2 years, but not as rapidly per vet 🀞🀞🀞)
Naked_Pagan
Just Whelped

Post by Naked_Pagan »

Update 35lbs and 20" tall at 4mo
And kicking on along in her training very quickly
Attachments
Snapchat-796964210.jpg
Snapchat-796964210.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3306 times