Page 1 of 1
Balis
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:20 am
by Christie M
Re: Balis
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:25 am
by Dutchringgirl
she is beautiful !!!!
Re: Balis
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:42 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Im not sure if you had told us , but is she Balix's sister? They look similar, they both have a broad nose.
Re: Balis
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:09 pm
by alspyce
Pretty girl! More Pix!
Re: Balis
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:06 pm
by vneerland
Congrats. But not enough info.

The head looks like a KNPV dog, with the shape and ear set.
Re: Balis
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:24 pm
by k9katet
After looking back at Facebook it looks like they Balis and Salix have the same sire - Titan.
Are you going to do Schutzhund with her too? Love the environmental stuff that you do. We who do just SchH seem to forget about that.
Re: Balis
Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:47 am
by Christie M
Sorry - didn't know that "info" is required for pic posting. I think shes pretty freaking cute. So I put up pics of both of my dogs.
I'm not sure if its a KNPV pedigree as one side did a bunch of ring stuff - but its a really nice working pedigree with some sought after dogs now, producing good consistent dogs.
Heather, we might do Sch as we are getting more into the formality of things. She will absolutely do PSA, agility and flyball......but I may be getting a liking for tracking

Don't tell.
Re: Balis
Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:53 am
by k9katet
I was just curious, Christie. I'm always trying to learn more about the dogs being bred and what they're producing and stuff. Cute puppies. That Frank puppy is super cute. He looks like trouble too.
Re: Balis
Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:02 am
by Christie M
Heather - no issues.
Yeah - she and Salix and honeslty, Vader are all out of Titan. So far I am very happy with how he has produced and am proud of where we have been able to put the offspring - locally, TN HWY patrol, MI......
Re: Balis
Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:15 am
by k9katet
LOL - I like tracking - for awhile - until I run into an issue that I'm not sure how to fix. It's a love hate thing. Same as with Snooker (which you'll find out if you do CPE or USDAA agility).

Re: Balis
Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:51 pm
by Lauren
What a beautiful face.
Re: Balis
Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:41 pm
by Marjolein
Awww, lovely dog
I agree, more pics!
This is a sister of Titan, and daddy Roy apparantly listened to the name "Leiru"
http://www.working-dog.eu/dogs-details/ ... de-lOlympe
Re: Balis
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:16 am
by vneerland
Christie M wrote:Sorry - didn't know that "info" is required for pic posting. I think shes pretty freaking cute. So I put up pics of both of my dogs.
Sorry, I did not know that you would not understand that we would love to know who the pup is that you posted the pictures of.

Nothing required though. Just curiousity. I assume you missed the 'evil' smiley, meaning it was teasing.
Christie M wrote:I'm not sure if its a KNPV pedigree as one side did a bunch of ring stuff
I saw a lot of KNPV background. From Asheley's Aaron, to "Roy vd Vastenow" aka Leiru, and Joy. Maybe I should have stated that I did not mean that to imply the work they do, but the KNPV lineage.
Re: Balis
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:01 pm
by Raven
How freakin' good lookin' Balis is. Something in "the look" strikes me of Thor (who is doing very well). Indeed, more pictures.
Re: Balis
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:45 pm
by Christie M
vneerland wrote:Sorry, I did not know that you would not understand that we would love to know who the pup is that you posted the pictures of.

Nothing required though. Just curiousity. I assume you missed the 'evil' smiley, meaning it was teasing.
I'm sorry Judith. I don't know why I was feel particularly defensive that evening.
vneerland wrote:
I saw a lot of KNPV background. From Asheley's Aaron, to "Roy vd Vastenow" aka Leiru, and Joy. Maybe I should have stated that I did not mean that to imply the work they do, but the KNPV lineage.
The pedigree that I posted for Titan only applies to the top half of it. The bottom is Balen info - who was out of the Willow/Aaron breeding. Balis isn't related to Aaron.
Marjolein wrote:
This is a sister of Titan, and daddy Roy apparantly listened to the name "Leiru"
Its amazing how clever they are

Re: Balis
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:39 pm
by k9katet
vneerland wrote:"Roy vd Vastenow" aka Leiru
I don't think I knew this - or at least not his registered name. Good to know when looking at pedigrees.
Re: Balis
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:29 pm
by vneerland
Christie M wrote:I'm sorry Judith. I don't know why I was feel particularly defensive that evening.

I think it's because I have been so hard on anyone who called a known mix simply a "Dutch" and have tried to be very politically correct with Balis because of it. LOL. But I do love my little mutt!

You must have thought I meant something that I could not mean, because I did not know (and would not have cared if I did) There! Are we making sense now?

So she is home grown?

(still trying to piece it together)
The pedigree that I posted for Titan only applies to the top half of it. The bottom is Balen info - who was out of the Willow/Aaron breeding. Balis isn't related to Aaron.
Uhhhhhhhhh. Dang. If you are trying to confuse me, you managed!

(will sit down and study the pedigree later)
k9katet wrote:"Roy vd Vastenow" aka Leiru
I don't think I knew this - or at least not his registered name. Good to know when looking at pedigrees.
I guess it depends on who you ask if that is the registered name or not.

(What if there were two dogs, one who lived in Mexico and had always been called Leiru, and one who had always been called Roy, but who's paperwork was used for a particular breeding in France, when the breeder stated that they were one and the same dog. Roy/Leiru?)
Re: Balis
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:11 am
by Christie M
vneerland wrote:

You must have thought I meant something that I could not mean, because I did not know (and would not have cared if I did) There! Are we making sense now?
Actually, I think it was a simple case of redirected aggression. And a great example of why I shouldn't log on when things are cheery on the homefront

Ahhh, my poor unsuspecting victims.
vneerland wrote:
Is she homegrown?
vneerland wrote:
Uhhhhhhhhh. Dang. If you are trying to confuse me, you managed!

(will sit down and study the pedigree later)
CJ is Matt's brother's dog. She is the female out of Joy and Cyro. She was bred to Titan to produce a litter of 3: Balis, Onager and Frank

I am keeping Balis, Onager is going to Tenn Hwy Patrol most likely and Frank is owned by a club member and does PP work, but mostly protects the farm.