Hello from the UK!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Violet
Puppy
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:52 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm 28, a student and mum of three girls. I have two dogs a GSD and a JRT and I have a partner who is moving over from NL soon who has a GSD guide dog. I am hoping to become a dog trainer amongst other things and love nothing more than spending time with my girls my partner and the woofs.
Location: UK

Hello from the UK!

Post by Violet »

Hi I'm Emily and as per the thread title i'm from the UK :D

I don't have a Dutchie.. yet ;) However I do have a GSD girl named Serendipity and a JRT named Harvey. I have three girls and a wonderful partner who is currently residing in NL and moving over in the next year or so. He's blind and also has a GSD named Venna.

I first discovered the Hollandse Herder when I was looking into KNPV and they really caught my interest. I had resigned myself to waiting til the children were older to get a Dutchie as the dogs seemed a little too high drive, but then my partner and I did some more research and found that there are Dutchies out there that make great family dogs aswell as having the drive to do work. My partner and I both love GSD's but I wanted a smaller dog with similar temperament and better health so my children could be more involved as my eldest has decided she would like to try agility. As capable as our JRT is, he is rather stubborn and isn't the most reliable on recall despite 7 years of recall training lol. My GSD sadly had an injury as a pup so is likely to develop hip issues so I restrict her with that and she's just too strong for my eldest who is only 8.

The Dutchie sounds like the ideal dog for our family and as they are from my partner's home country he would love to help get the breed more recognition. We are both still yet to meet some in person but due to my lack of Dutch ( i'm working on it :lol: ) my partner has been doing most of the conversing with breeders and such. It's been hard for me to take a back seat as such with this because I'm a real researcher. So hopefully in the next year I will get the chance to meet some of the dogs, but it's looking very likely we'll be adding a Dutchie to the family :D

so hi, sorry for the long intro, now if only I could do this over on the dutch forum :lol:
Emily,UK

Your dog doesn't notice you are old or ill or unsuccessful. To him you are perfect -Pam Brown, 1928
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hello from the UK!

Post by icvanstra »

Welcome to the forum!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hello from the UK!

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome ! :dssmile:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from the UK!

Post by leih merigian »

Hi Emily! Everyone here will be more than happy to discuss Dutch Shepherds with you!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Violet
Puppy
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:52 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm 28, a student and mum of three girls. I have two dogs a GSD and a JRT and I have a partner who is moving over from NL soon who has a GSD guide dog. I am hoping to become a dog trainer amongst other things and love nothing more than spending time with my girls my partner and the woofs.
Location: UK

Re: Hello from the UK!

Post by Violet »

Thankyou for the welcomes :)
Emily,UK

Your dog doesn't notice you are old or ill or unsuccessful. To him you are perfect -Pam Brown, 1928
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello from the UK!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Hi Emily,

Welcome!!!

I have two DS's and they are so wonderful with my kids who are 6 and 7.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from the UK!

Post by Marjolein »

See you found your way here :dswink"
And I still think you can handle the Dutch forum too, 80% of them speak English and are very willing to help you out, you will find a couple of members from this froum there too :dssmile:
Image
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hello from the UK!

Post by GSDNanny »

A big WELCOME to you!!! :dssmile:

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Post Reply