Page 1 of 1

Indianapolis!

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:36 am
by Gill
My name is ryan but i go by gill, i just recently found out that my dog (Acacia!) is a DS, she was a rescue from the pound and they had her marked as an Australian Kelpie. I currently don't have internet access with the exception of my phone, so no pictures for now. Its great to have a place with other owners to learn more about the breed, especially considering this is easily the smartest breed i have ever come into contact with!

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:36 pm
by Lauren
Welcome Gill, I bet she has you wrapped around her paw already!

Lauren and Xena

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:12 pm
by Christie M
Congrats on your new kid!!

The Board Admin is in Indy with a Dutch. And I will be traveling there with a whole crew the weekend after next to attend a huge flyball tournament. You should make your way over and see some more striped beasts!!

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:22 pm
by Schlussdibusti
Welcome! :wtg: :dshead:

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:37 am
by Gill
Christie that sounds awesome! Do you know where it will be located?

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:43 pm
by Christie M
Gill wrote:Christie that sounds awesome! Do you know where it will be located?
The fairgrounds. The info is on this website.
http://www.nafacanam.com/

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:38 pm
by Jan
Welcome.

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:40 pm
by k9katet
Have a great time Christie! I'm gone doing agility Saturday and Sunday but I'll see if I can catch some of it online on Friday. :) What team are you helping with? Say hi to Angie and Lee.

Gill - if you can go watch definitely do it. It'll be crazy fun! Lots of barking!

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:03 pm
by Christie M
k9katet wrote:Have a great time Christie! I'm gone doing agility Saturday and Sunday but I'll see if I can catch some of it online on Friday. :) What team are you helping with? Say hi to Angie and Lee.

Gill - if you can go watch definitely do it. It'll be crazy fun! Lots of barking!
I'm trying to get there in time to help Springloaded and everyone set up on Thursday. Friday I will be a watching and socializing my crew to the chaos. Saturday, I will be doing whatever Queen City Road Runners needs..... and then headed home to hopefully watch Matt & Vader get his IPO1 on Sunday ;-) I love busy dog weekends!!

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:45 pm
by k9katet
They will love you forever if you help setup. Flyball setup and tear down is alot of work. Your team will be happy for your help especially as someone not running a dog.

Good luck to Vader and Matt! How old is Vader?

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:45 am
by Christie M
k9katet wrote:They will love you forever if you help setup. Flyball setup and tear down is alot of work. Your team will be happy for your help especially as someone not running a dog.

Good luck to Vader and Matt! How old is Vader?
Its fall break here and we are swamped with boarders, so now I hope to get there in time to help. Vader turned 2 in August and he was Titan bred to Vita (a narc dog that Matt had). He really is SO much like Titan in personality. I am hoping to see him progress through the Sch and PSA titles with little issues. As Matt say "I may not score awesomely through the 1s and 2s, but everytime I do the 3 it will get better and better." He's hoping to be at the 2012 (more realistically) 2013 WDSA Nationals atleast.

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:27 am
by Marjolein
Welcome :dssmile:

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:24 am
by Shelbys Owner
We too have just found this site after recently learning that we have a DS mix. When and where at the Fairgrounds would be a good time to meet with the other DS owners who are coming in for the Flyball Tournament in Indianapolis? We are looking forward to being able to meet other Dutch Shepherds and owners near us. (Noblesville)

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:47 pm
by icvanstra
Christie had something come up at the last minute and is not going to make it. You would have met quite a few DS with her! I think she was going to bring seven of them.

If you do go to the fairgrounds, keep in mind this is not the kind of event you would take your dog into. There is little shade at the fairgrounds and it's going to be very warm today - so leaving them in the car is not going to be a good choice.

...

ShelbysOwner - if you would please take a moment and look at the FAQ section. Also, please go to the new members area and introduce yourself. Finally and most importantly - Welcome to the forum!

...

I may or may not make it to the event today. I have a very strong urge to get out on the motorcycle ... as nice as the weather is, being outside has a much stronger pull than being inside right now! :ds:

Re: Indianapolis!

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:34 pm
by vneerland
Welcome Gill and hope to meet Shelby's owner in the intro section as well. 8-)