Page 1 of 1

Is Zoe a Dutch Shepherd mix?

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:12 am
by zoebot
Greetings! My husband and I adopted our dog Zoe about a month ago. She was listed as a cairn terrier/shepherd mix. She is about 30 lbs with stout legs. She has white paws and a white spot on her chest. Her tail and "mane" grow just like shepherd hair, and the rest of her fur is short and slick. She is all brindle with a darker black face and pointy ears. She has an intelligent stare and while being a bit pushy, she is very calm, mellow, sweet and obedient. We bring here everywhere when we can and she is not outgoing or overly friendly, but again is very very calm and sweet with all adults, children, other dogs and cats. She has a high prey instinct and is hell bent on catching birds, groundhogs, chipmunks, etc. If it runs, she will run after it. So I do believe she has terrier in her, but I have never ever seen a terrier mix this calm. COUCH POTATO!! I'd love your input :) Does she look like a Dutch Shepherd? Are they mellow?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/midnamoond ... otostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/midnamoond ... hotostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/midnamoond ... hotostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/midnamoond ... otostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/midnamoond ... otostream/

Thanks! :dsroll:

Re: Is Zoe a Dutch Shepherd mix?

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:13 am
by zoebot
Also, don't mind old name tag. We had "Luna" for a couple of days, but her previous name (she was a surrender) was Daisy. So, Luna was confusing our other dog Midna (hearing the "na"), and she responds better to a name with a long e, so it's now Zoe. :P

Re: Is Zoe a Dutch Shepherd mix?

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:24 am
by alspyce
Cardigan Corgi/Terrier mix maybe? Very cute!

Re: Is Zoe a Dutch Shepherd mix?

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:22 pm
by icvanstra
I'm going to go with a mix, but not DS mix.

Re: Is Zoe a Dutch Shepherd mix?

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:49 pm
by zoebot
I appreciate the input!

Re: Is Zoe a Dutch Shepherd mix?

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:53 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome :)

Check out this dog:

Image

Yours reminded me of him, this one is a Jack Russel x English Bulldog mix ;)

Re: Is Zoe a Dutch Shepherd mix?

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:29 pm
by zoebot
Wow very cool! Thanks for doing some searching for me! :) I am thinking she probably has some Jack Russell in her as well. Thanks again!

:dschick:

Re: Is Zoe a Dutch Shepherd mix?

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:28 pm
by GSDNanny
I'd venture to say Jack Russell x Bulldog (brindle) too or Jack X Cardigan (brindle). Fun-looking little dog though! We have a Jack X Schnauzer who looks exactly like this dog yet but with the Schnauzer grey color where your's is brindle. Our's is now about 13 yrs old but he has certainly been entertaining over the years!