Page 1 of 1

Hello from Shelby's Owner

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:50 pm
by Shelbys Owner
Shelbyinentryway.jpg
Shelbyinentryway.jpg (282.91 KiB) Viewed 1843 times
Hi Dutch Shepherd Members,
At last, a few free moments to introduce ourselves to all of you. We have had our "potential" Dutch Shepherd for a couple of years now. She is 3 years old and we adopted her through our Vet's Animal Hospital. She was brought in there one cold and rainy night by a technician who found her on the side of a highway. When we saw her at our Vet's office she had been living in their kennels for nearly 2 months. We weren't sure if it was going to work out with our other dog, who is very high energy and challenging mixed breed dog. But, over the month we spent acclimating them, all could see it was going to work out fine. Especially because Shelby is such a sweet and personable dog who gets along fine with everyone and goes with the flow! We hope we have come to the right place to mingle with others who have the same breed. So, we would like to know if you all do think she is in part a Dutch Shepherd. Besides sharing some additional photos of her here in the forum, we'd love to know if there is anyone who lives near Noblesville or Indianapolis area who would like to meet up. Obviously, pictures can only go so far toward breed recognition and we haven't found anyone else in our area who has a Dutch Shepherd.

Thank you,

Shelby, Blake, Alan & Terry

Re: Hello from Shelby's Owner

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:01 pm
by alexis
I'm no expert (being that I'm not 100% sure that my dog is a dutch shepherd either), but she's a such a pretty girl! I'm glad to hear she's settling in well.

Re: Hello from Shelby's Owner

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:25 pm
by CaroleBoaz
Hi! I love that last photo! What a beautiful dog! I'll let others decide if there's DS in her, I'm not very good at that.

Re: Hello from Shelby's Owner

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:41 pm
by icvanstra
Not an expert opinion...

Looks like a shepherd-mix. Something to me says GSD-Border Collie???

Re: Hello from Shelby's Owner

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:27 am
by Lauren
she does have brindled feet, and those gorgeous eyes. Maybe a bit of DS in there? What a beauty!

Re: Hello from Shelby's Owner

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:43 am
by leih merigian
Hi Shelby,

I don't see much DS in there, but I'm not an expert. What I do see, tho, is a gorgous dog who is very lucky to have found you!

Re: Hello from Shelby's Owner

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:35 am
by Sugars Mom
I see GSD and Border Collie too...but I ma not any sort of expert at all!!

I will say she is beautiful tho : )

Re: Hello from Shelby's Owner

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:56 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome! Nice dog, I see a mali look in the eyes ;) :D

Re: Hello from Shelby's Owner

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:00 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Tough one! My very NON expert opinion is GS with some other goodies in there. She is very beautiful and sweet looking. glad she found you