The Convert

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
DutchDog2807
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hopeful

The Convert

Post by DutchDog2807 »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself here, as my name and signature suggest I am a complete DS convert. My first interaction with these dogs came just a few mere months ago and it didn't take long for the breed and of course my pup to have my complete respect, and admiration. There is no doubt in my mind this is a breed that has the ability to reason, think and act accordingly. I am currently training my pup with hopes that both he and I can be a police dog team. He and I have bonded extremely well in the short time I've had him and have the respect of each other. (Something I've been told and seen for myself is an absolute necessity with this breed). I am a sponge for knowledge so any suggestions for readings, or resources (other than every post here...I got that part) would be great.
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: The Convert

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Hi Bryan, welcom !!

Umm. think and act accordingly??? Well see about that? :whistle:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: The Convert

Post by leih merigian »

Hi Bryan, and welcome!

How old is your pup?

You'll have to be a little more specific about "any suggestions for readings, or resources," as that's pretty vague. From others, I've gleaned that stuff written about them tend to be in Dutch (if you're talking about books), so unless you happen to sprechen zie Dutch (go ahead and kill me, all you Dutch speakers who seem to hate German :mrgreen: ), then you're gonna be out of luck there.

BTW, you do realize that the price of admission here is pictures? :lol:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: The Convert

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome and yes, lets see some pics!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: The Convert

Post by Schlussdibusti »

welcome! :wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: The Convert

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Welcome!
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: The Convert

Post by kchristy »

Welcome! We will start chanting we want pics :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: The Convert

Post by Jan »

Welcome.
Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: The Convert

Post by alspyce »

Welcome
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Post Reply