Hi from Chicago!
- FlipFlop
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:28 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Flip- Dutch Shepherd- 2 years old
- Location: NW Subarbs of Chicago
Hi from Chicago!
Hi All!
Just wanted to stop by and introduce ourselves. I'm Kirsten and I have a DS named Flip that I adopted about 3 months ago- he is about 2 years old. We live in the Northwest subarbs of Chicago. We took a beginners agility class, are about to start an obedience class, and hopefully in the future will get to try another sport- maybe flyball or herding!
Flip has been a great addition to my life and is settling in quite well. Of couse we've had our challenges but it's been a fun adventure so far! I get tons of compliments about what a beautiful dog he is- although no one I have talked to has ever heard of a DS before ("He's a German Shepherd mixed with a what???" Lol). He is a very friendly and social boy- loves meeting new people and other dogs. Looking forward to getting to know all of you! Thank you to Carole for letting me know about this forum!
Just wanted to stop by and introduce ourselves. I'm Kirsten and I have a DS named Flip that I adopted about 3 months ago- he is about 2 years old. We live in the Northwest subarbs of Chicago. We took a beginners agility class, are about to start an obedience class, and hopefully in the future will get to try another sport- maybe flyball or herding!
Flip has been a great addition to my life and is settling in quite well. Of couse we've had our challenges but it's been a fun adventure so far! I get tons of compliments about what a beautiful dog he is- although no one I have talked to has ever heard of a DS before ("He's a German Shepherd mixed with a what???" Lol). He is a very friendly and social boy- loves meeting new people and other dogs. Looking forward to getting to know all of you! Thank you to Carole for letting me know about this forum!
Kirsten
Flip- DS- 2 1/2 years old
Chicago Subarbs
Flip- DS- 2 1/2 years old
Chicago Subarbs
-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
Re: Hi from Chicago!
Welcome! Glad you came.
I grew up in the NW suburbs of Chicago.
Can't say I miss all the snow. (Went to John Hersey High School in Arlington, Heights.)
I grew up in the NW suburbs of Chicago.
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hi from Chicago!
Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Hi from Chicago!
Welcome!
I love the name Flip !
I love the name Flip !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hi from Chicago!
Glad you found us! Sounds like Flip found a great owner!
I lived in Chicago for 13 years and miss it a lot...especially The Lake. You're lucky, in that there is a ton of dog sports in the greater Chicago area. Sounds like you're taking good advantage of it all
.
I lived in Chicago for 13 years and miss it a lot...especially The Lake. You're lucky, in that there is a ton of dog sports in the greater Chicago area. Sounds like you're taking good advantage of it all
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
-
GSDNanny
- Training Dog
- Posts: 615
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.
Re: Hi from Chicago!
Welcome to you and Flip!! Friendly informative DS folks on here so ENJOY!!
Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew
Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:


Facebook page.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
