I am soon to be new owner. I was looking at the Malinois, but I think they are too too crazy for me
Hi
-
stormcat
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Hi there fellow Dutch lovers, my name is Laura and I'm hoping to be the proud owner of my first dutch shepherd soon!
Hi
Hi fellow Dutchie enthusiasts!
I am soon to be new owner. I was looking at the Malinois, but I think they are too too crazy for me
. I'd like to do personal protection with him, and maybe get into the UKC agility and check out dock diving, as I read the breed likes water. Generally I just like to hike and it will be great to have a furry friend along!
I am soon to be new owner. I was looking at the Malinois, but I think they are too too crazy for me
-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
Re: Hi
Welcome!
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Hi
Hello Stormcat. Thanks for your intro. Now all we would like to learn is your name, m/f, your social security number, the balance on your bank account, your location and marital status and the size of your jeans.
Okay. Just kidding! But a real name would be nice.
Okay. Just kidding! But a real name would be nice.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hi
Welcome!
Don't believe everything you read, Stormy. Some of them like water, some not so much. All depends on the individual.
Where are you getting your pup from?
Don't believe everything you read, Stormy. Some of them like water, some not so much. All depends on the individual.
Where are you getting your pup from?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hi
Welcome
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
Re: Hi
Welcome! Get yourelf some hiking shoes and some nice thick firehose pants and come along with us! 
Lauren from Western NC
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Hi
Welcome ! Hiking is great with them! They love to sniff and find things and eat things they shouldn't. Not sure about the Mal Crazier than the DS. Sadie is more rambunctious than my mal.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:


Facebook page.