New member from Illinois

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
ICE
Training Dog
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

New member from Illinois

Post by ICE »

Hi All,
I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer found for me. I have always had German Shepherds (still do - I have 4 dogs now) THe GSD I was training in SchH just does not have the temperment to do the sport and that is how I got Ice.. I am new to DS but not dogs and training. I have had Ice since he was 6 1/5 weeks old (he is 12 1/2 weeks now) and we are having a blast!!! He is a MONSTER!!! :)
He has the cutist little prance when heeling and he has moved from the flirt pole to the puppy sleeve. Ice and I are becoming a really good team!! I am still looking for his off switch :lol: They are pretty easy to find in GSD's not so easy in DS........

Patty
Patty and Ice
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: New member from Illinois

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome Patty and pup!

Glad you joined us...we're waiting for the pictures :mrgreen:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: New member from Illinois

Post by felixone123 »

welcome!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: New member from Illinois

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome!! Sadies off switch didnt start to work until about a year or so. Now it works really well
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: New member from Illinois

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Welcome!

Hmm. I wonder who would sell a puppy so young. :huh:
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: New member from Illinois

Post by Lauren »

Welcome! I am glad that you are enjoying your little monster!
:dssmile:
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: New member from Illinois

Post by alspyce »

Welcome
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: New member from Illinois

Post by Raven »

Greetings. Sounds like your little Dutch is what you were hoping for! She's still young and I'm sure that your trainer won't allow any activity that isn't suited for her physical or mental capacity. Be safe and have FUN!
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: New member from Illinois

Post by icvanstra »

Welcome to the forum Patty!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: New member from Illinois

Post by wahinelf »

Welcome, welcome! Pictures please!
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: New member from Illinois

Post by kchristy »

Welcome!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: New member from Illinois

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :D
Image
Post Reply