Blood...

Have a photo you want to share?
Post Reply
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Blood...

Post by Marjolein »

alright, they drew the first blood :evil: :lol: ouch... but still fun to watch, I'm only going in with my "jute" (ehm, cloth?)
If I have to put in a new bowl of water...it's impossible, they jump in it before it hits the ground and everything is a mess... Cleaning up is useless... they bite each other pretty bad so they squeeck like little piggies, they eat like monsters, drag toys to places you never thought they could go, and rarely sleep.
Funny tho, if I bring one of them on a shorter (20min.) walk, they are not that brave, and are happy to just follow me, play a little, but as soon as we approach the garage again spirit is up and they attack my shoes/jeans/hands :roll:

special visitor:
Image
(we saved Kermit, he was not harmed too much...)

Image
attacking the "jute"

Image
the female in the dog-bed found a chewie, she is pretty determined not to give it up :D

more on my site ;)
Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Blood...

Post by alspyce »

They are Beautiful!!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Blood...

Post by Dutchringgirl »

How funny!! and adorable !! I love the showing of the teeth. GRRRRRRRRRRR
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Blood...

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Haha! They are so happy, though!
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Blood...

Post by felixone123 »

just precious!! love your site - great shots of them.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Blood...

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote:alright, they drew the first blood :evil: :lol: ouch... but still fun to watch, I'm only going in with my "jute" (ehm, cloth?)
Jute = jute ;) (rag/or sack)
The pics have not loaded yet for me, but I cannot wait to see the blood and gore. :twisted:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Blood...

Post by Sugars Mom »

Awww, so cute!!!

I love the markings on the one (ones?) with the stripe on the face.
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Blood...

Post by leih merigian »

just look at the tails in the last pic, with the girlie guarding her treat (straight up), and the wannabees with straight tails :lol: :lol:

What a great illustration of the confidence that comes from the pack...and one reason why I really think a stranger to pups should evaluate them individually :mrgreen: (all litters, not picking on yours, Marjolein!)
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Blood...

Post by Marjolein »

leih merigian wrote:just look at the tails in the last pic, with the girlie guarding her treat (straight up), and the wannabees with straight tails :lol: :lol:

What a great illustration of the confidence that comes from the pack...and one reason why I really think a stranger to pups should evaluate them individually :mrgreen: (all litters, not picking on yours, Marjolein!)
Very true, adding to that, the male that was used for this litter is "genetically programmed" with a high tail ;) and I happen to know granddad pretty well, he also wears his tail rather high and has given this to ALL his offspring.
I'm going even a step further, I will not let people decide which one they want, only when they are experienced and come to watch them several times etc. I take them on individual walks, plays in the yard etc. That's when you see the real chracters ;)

Ow, I added some new snow pics today :mrgreen:

(hang on, too cute...)


Image
Image
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Blood...

Post by felixone123 »

when i look at your pups, i wonder what my Odin was like at that age (rescued at 4 yrs) Having missed out on all that, I look at him now and imagine him as a puppy!! He probably was adorable with little stripes all over him. Kind of makes me want one - KIND OF..... :D
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Blood...

Post by Sugars Mom »

Oh they are so so cute. You are going to really miss them I bet!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Blood...

Post by Dutchringgirl »

i love the dark one with snow on his nose
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Isis
Puppy
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a life long dog owner who enjoys dog sports and PPT, I own a Dutch Shepherd, a German Shepherd and a Standard Schnauzer.

Re: Blood...

Post by Isis »

Oh my!! The cuteness is overwhelming!! The puppies are looking AMAZING!!!
Gia and Panzer (Dutch Shepherd)

Image
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Blood...

Post by kchristy »

so adorable!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Blood...

Post by wahinelf »

I like the little demon showing teeth in the second picture...how can that be so cute?
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
User avatar
MeganBays
Green Dog
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Re: Blood...

Post by MeganBays »

I love the snow pic :) I'm not too far off from that stage.. Mine are starting to try to bark now, it's pretty funny to watch em squeak!
Post Reply