
Just Adopted Bailey!
-
Leeanne
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:24 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a second year college student attending Cal Poly Pomona in California. I am majoring in Kinesiology with emphasis on teaching students with special needs. I just found my little bratt Bailey at a local animal shelter in the beginning of Febuary. She is estimated to be around 3 months old. She is currently in training to become a service/ therapy dog for children with special needs and disabilities.
- Location: Pomona, CA
Just Adopted Bailey!
I just adopted this cute 3 month old puppy from an animal shelter about 2 weeks ago. The staff at the animal shelter could not determine her breed. After doing some research, I believe that she has all the characteristics of a Dutch Shepherd. Do you think she is a Dutch Shepherd??


Leeanne Wesley and Bailey <3
- icvanstra
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1153
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
- Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort
Re: Just Adopted Bailey!
Welcome to the forum!
Eric
- - Cino vom Foxtal
- Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
- Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Just Adopted Bailey!
She sure is cute enough to be !! Welcome and congratulations to both of you.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Just Adopted Bailey!
Welcome and congrats on your new addition!
We'll need better pics to answer your DS/not DS question
.
Can you post more? Show us her standing from the side (if you can get her to hold still long enough
), maybe a head shot or two (straight on and profile), etc.
She's a cutie, regardless! Thanks for adopting
We'll need better pics to answer your DS/not DS question
Can you post more? Show us her standing from the side (if you can get her to hold still long enough
She's a cutie, regardless! Thanks for adopting
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Just Adopted Bailey!
Welcome and congratulations with miss Baily. Good deed, adopting that cute baby.
Where are you located?
if you don't mind, please create a signature with your name (Lee ann, I assume?) to add in your profile so you don't have to remember to sign the many posts we hope you will submit here.
Where are you located?
if you don't mind, please create a signature with your name (Lee ann, I assume?) to add in your profile so you don't have to remember to sign the many posts we hope you will submit here.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Just Adopted Bailey!
welcome!! what a cutie!! Great that she will be a therapy assistance dog one day.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- wahinelf
- Green Dog
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
- Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
- Location: Boston, MA
- Contact:
Re: Just Adopted Bailey!
What a cutie! More pics! Congrats!
-Aubrey

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
-
alexis
- Green Dog
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Live in NYC with Zane
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Just Adopted Bailey!
Looks like GSD mix to me, but very cute! Welcome to you both. More pictures!!!!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
Re: Just Adopted Bailey!
welcome!
I'm thinking "too small (paws) for DS" bet it could be mixed with a smaller breed...? Just guessing
I'm thinking "too small (paws) for DS" bet it could be mixed with a smaller breed...? Just guessing


Facebook page.