Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

For our new members to introduce themselves
User avatar
MinaHerdershonden
Puppy
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Anna and i'm 19 years old, I volunteer most of my time and half of which goes to OCAS shelter which is where I found Mina who was 7 months old at the time.
I live in chapel hill, NC. Soon to be near ashville NC as I will be attending Warren Wilson College.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by MinaHerdershonden »

Hello! I'm Anna, i'm a breed nerd and have always wanted a dutchie, well while volunteering at my local shelter I came across Mina and right away knew this was no "german shepherd mix" shes all dutchie!! Ive had her for a little over a month now, the shelter aged her at a year old and while I knew she was younger then that it wasn't until bring her home I came to realize just HOW much puppy she is. Shes learned ALL the basic "tricks" in the month ive had her and is just a great pup. Also I have no clue wheres she from and apart from potty training and seemingly knowing what a crate is, she doesn't seem to have had any training, the shelter says she was in the night drop box as a stray. Could anyone tell me with her features how young you might guess she is with you all knowing the breed? and whether she might be some some stupid persons import or just another random "american dutchie"? I love her either way ;D just really curious.
I look forward to all the info you all have to share on this forum!
Attachments
Mina, 22 inches tall at withers and 33 inches from nose to rump, I don't know her weight but will be taking her for a vet check soon.
Mina, 22 inches tall at withers and 33 inches from nose to rump, I don't know her weight but will be taking her for a vet check soon.
012602_1106[00].jpg (66.07 KiB) Viewed 5944 times
I'm Anna.
From Chapel Hill, NC.
Short haired dark/gold brindle:
Mina.
Image
:D
User avatar
MinaHerdershonden
Puppy
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Anna and i'm 19 years old, I volunteer most of my time and half of which goes to OCAS shelter which is where I found Mina who was 7 months old at the time.
I live in chapel hill, NC. Soon to be near ashville NC as I will be attending Warren Wilson College.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by MinaHerdershonden »

BTW, I live in NC I just noticed I left that out...
I'm Anna.
From Chapel Hill, NC.
Short haired dark/gold brindle:
Mina.
Image
:D
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome to the forum!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by Lauren »

Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian. What a cutie she is. Does she have her adult teeth yet?
Lauren from Western NC
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome, Anna! What a cutie you have there!

If you'd like, you can create a signature (control panel, upper left button) that will automatically sign your posts for you, so we will always know you you are when you post :mrgreen: .

Looking foward to hearing (and seeing) more about your smart girl :D
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome !!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
MinaHerdershonden
Puppy
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Anna and i'm 19 years old, I volunteer most of my time and half of which goes to OCAS shelter which is where I found Mina who was 7 months old at the time.
I live in chapel hill, NC. Soon to be near ashville NC as I will be attending Warren Wilson College.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by MinaHerdershonden »

Thanks! Yes she has her adult teeth so far as I can tell, I'm a pretty god judge of age normally, but between adult teeth and a year old i'm fuzzy with age and i'm new to dutchies so i'm not sure what else to look at.
I'm Anna.
From Chapel Hill, NC.
Short haired dark/gold brindle:
Mina.
Image
:D
User avatar
MinaHerdershonden
Puppy
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Anna and i'm 19 years old, I volunteer most of my time and half of which goes to OCAS shelter which is where I found Mina who was 7 months old at the time.
I live in chapel hill, NC. Soon to be near ashville NC as I will be attending Warren Wilson College.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by MinaHerdershonden »

How do you put a picture in your signature as well?
I'm Anna.
From Chapel Hill, NC.
Short haired dark/gold brindle:
Mina.
Image
:D
User avatar
MeganBays
Green Dog
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by MeganBays »

Hi Anna :)

Not sure if it's close to your area or if you are interested but there's an excellent SchH club in the Fayetteville area that has a couple of Dutchies.
User avatar
MinaHerdershonden
Puppy
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Anna and i'm 19 years old, I volunteer most of my time and half of which goes to OCAS shelter which is where I found Mina who was 7 months old at the time.
I live in chapel hill, NC. Soon to be near ashville NC as I will be attending Warren Wilson College.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by MinaHerdershonden »

Oh cool ok I will check it out, its not so close to me I don't think but I'd still love to check it out, its probably within two hours to me
I'm Anna.
From Chapel Hill, NC.
Short haired dark/gold brindle:
Mina.
Image
:D
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by felixone123 »

cute puppy and welcome!! glad she found you.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
MinaHerdershonden
Puppy
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Anna and i'm 19 years old, I volunteer most of my time and half of which goes to OCAS shelter which is where I found Mina who was 7 months old at the time.
I live in chapel hill, NC. Soon to be near ashville NC as I will be attending Warren Wilson College.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by MinaHerdershonden »

Thanks! And me too! Would you believe she was at my local shelter that I volunteer at for over a month?!?! And not one person ( besides me) had any interest in her apart from one man the day before I adopted her who said she was too high energy for him lol
I'm Anna.
From Chapel Hill, NC.
Short haired dark/gold brindle:
Mina.
Image
:D
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by wahinelf »

Congrats and welcome. She's a cutie!
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by Christie M »

MinaHerdershonden wrote:Thanks! And me too! Would you believe she was at my local shelter that I volunteer at for over a month?!?! And not one person ( besides me) had any interest in her apart from one man the day before I adopted her who said she was too high energy for him lol
That would make at least 3 rescues from the Chapel Hill area in the last 2ish years. So sad :-(

More pictures would be helpful. But my guess is that she is out of one of the local working dog breeders who sold some pups a few years ago and people bought them with the intention of breeding and getting rich. Those pups were probably placed with people who thought they were BEAUTIFUL, but had no idea what they were getting into.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
MinaHerdershonden
Puppy
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Anna and i'm 19 years old, I volunteer most of my time and half of which goes to OCAS shelter which is where I found Mina who was 7 months old at the time.
I live in chapel hill, NC. Soon to be near ashville NC as I will be attending Warren Wilson College.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by MinaHerdershonden »

Ah yeah, it is sad, ill post more in a few!
I'm Anna.
From Chapel Hill, NC.
Short haired dark/gold brindle:
Mina.
Image
:D
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by Kristie E »

so very very cute... welcome !!
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
MinaHerdershonden
Puppy
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Anna and i'm 19 years old, I volunteer most of my time and half of which goes to OCAS shelter which is where I found Mina who was 7 months old at the time.
I live in chapel hill, NC. Soon to be near ashville NC as I will be attending Warren Wilson College.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by MinaHerdershonden »

I'm having trouble because the good pictures I have are to big to upload and when I tired to resize them my computer had a spazz attack, Anyone know the best way to resize?? Also...KiB? what am I resizing when its saying whatever KiB is the limit? im only seeing pix and perc to edit.
I'm Anna.
From Chapel Hill, NC.
Short haired dark/gold brindle:
Mina.
Image
:D
User avatar
MeganBays
Green Dog
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by MeganBays »

You could try uploading them to a site like FlickR or Photobucket and then inserting them from there ;) .
User avatar
MinaHerdershonden
Puppy
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Anna and i'm 19 years old, I volunteer most of my time and half of which goes to OCAS shelter which is where I found Mina who was 7 months old at the time.
I live in chapel hill, NC. Soon to be near ashville NC as I will be attending Warren Wilson College.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by MinaHerdershonden »

Ok thanks!
I'm Anna.
From Chapel Hill, NC.
Short haired dark/gold brindle:
Mina.
Image
:D
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D

Post by kchristy »

Welcome, she is very pretty :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Post Reply