Ivil has a bad night...

Have a photo you want to share?
Post Reply
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Ivil has a bad night...

Post by Marjolein »

Image
:dsshock: NOOOOOooooo! My bed! It's ruined!
Branco couldn't care less....

I was so happy to be cleaning up the "snow" that came out, it sticks to EVERYthing, forever. Cant get it out of the vacuumcleaner anymore... and still find it all over the house...great! :?
Branco is off to his new home now, so we will start looking for some brand new dog-beds for both, coast is clear :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Ivil has a bad night...

Post by alspyce »

Branco-----was he the green one??? Ivil seems to be saying "I've had enough with this one!"
What a nice looking pup---you will miss him.
I think it's great that you whelp and raise them in the house.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Ivil has a bad night...

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Oh this little stinker! What a way to say "thanks mom for everything you did for me" ! :mrgreen:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Ivil has a bad night...

Post by Marjolein »

The green on was "Bink"
Branco was without collar ;)
I only let them in the house for an hour or so, and they sleep inside. During the day they get to play in the kennel, with lamp and door to garage. Most pups I breed will be sold as "indoor" dogs, so it will be easier for them if they get used to being inside right away ;)
Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Ivil has a bad night...

Post by alspyce »

All pups here where whelped inside, and put out during the day in pens when they got to be about 4 weeks old, then inside for the night again. I think it makes a very big difference in their social and confidence skills. They were handled tons of times during the day, both as a group for play, and separately for cuddling & grooming. I really miss the baby stage of having litters. (Except for the every 3 hour, around the clock,tube feedings for sick pups, or the times when you loose pups/or even bitches.)
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Ivil has a bad night...

Post by leih merigian »

Poor Ivil! (And poor mom/housecleaner!)
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Choochi
Training Dog
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Ivil has a bad night...

Post by Choochi »

what is that stuff??
Choochi
Isis
Puppy
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a life long dog owner who enjoys dog sports and PPT, I own a Dutch Shepherd, a German Shepherd and a Standard Schnauzer.

Re: Ivil has a bad night...

Post by Isis »

Aaww! So precious! I would love to get another Dutch Shepherd at some point....your dogs are beautiful!
Gia and Panzer (Dutch Shepherd)

Image
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Ivil has a bad night...

Post by Christie M »

Isis wrote:Aaww! So precious! I would love to get another Dutch Shepherd at some point....your dogs are beautiful!
Isis, I am sure you will find the right dog at the right time.

Can you please visit the user control panel (link is located towards the top left of any page) and create a signature that contains your name? That way you don't have to remember to sign all of your posts and we know who we are talking too :D
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Ivil has a bad night...

Post by Marjolein »

Choochi wrote:what is that stuff??
it's polystyrene ;)
Image
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Ivil has a bad night...

Post by Christie M »

Marjolein wrote:Image
I should have commented on the picture first.
That could never have happened at my house. No matter how much Willow loves her puppies, no one touches her pillow :twisted:
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Post Reply