Hey from PA!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Kels
Just Whelped
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:13 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi guys! I'm Kels(ey). I'm fourteen years old an have fallen in love with the breed when I mt one three years ago when I met my cousins rescue boy. I studied them, and will continue!

I curretly dontown anything close t a Dutchi, but two and a half dogs.

Id first like to bring in Althea de les Chasseur, or as AKC/USDAA/NADAC knows her as KC's Identity Crisis. She's a sx year old (as of october 5th!) Epagneul Breton from field lines. We've been competing in agility for eight months. She's my little princess, and everything I could ask for in a dog!

Next, is my unborn puppy, who already has a name. Zoom, a working bred Border Collie from Culleymont Farm. (S)he will be coming home around May hopefully, and willbe training in obedience, agility, herding, ad dock diving.

Lastly, is my mom's dog Toby, or Shuffler's Bid according to USDAA. He's a Chihuahua mix, but thinks he'sa Great Dane! He's a spunky guy, and loves to spin, bark, and spin some more.

Hey from PA!

Post by Kels »

Hey guys!

I'm Kels(ey, I nswer to either!) And a absolutely in love with Dutchies (and BCs!)
Pretty basic stuff, since I'm on my phone.
I'm 14, freshman in high school, hope to be a dog behaviour counsellor and nutritionist.
I compete in agility and rally and dock diving with my epagneul breton, Replay (reeperty, reeper the creeper, reep)
I'm getting my first woking bred BC next spring, and will be training him/her for herding, agility, and obedience.
I hope to get a Dutchie in 2015/2016 for schutzhund, heding, lure cursing, agility,and others.

I came here to learn more abou the breed, talk to fellow juniors (and other handlers!) And obsess over pretty dogs ;)

If you have any questions, please ask!
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hey from PA!

Post by alspyce »

Welcome to you and the Britney.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hey from PA!

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome to the forum! :wave:
And we love pics.........
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Hey from PA!

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Hi Kelsey! Welcome!
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hey from PA!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hey from PA!

Post by leih merigian »

Hey Kels!

Welcome! That's an interesting combo...liking both BCs and DSs. Of course, they're both in the herding category, and are the Einsteins of the dog world (and of course, BCs own agility).

Hope you like it around here. Ask questions and etc...we need some new topics here!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Kels
Just Whelped
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:13 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi guys! I'm Kels(ey). I'm fourteen years old an have fallen in love with the breed when I mt one three years ago when I met my cousins rescue boy. I studied them, and will continue!

I curretly dontown anything close t a Dutchi, but two and a half dogs.

Id first like to bring in Althea de les Chasseur, or as AKC/USDAA/NADAC knows her as KC's Identity Crisis. She's a sx year old (as of october 5th!) Epagneul Breton from field lines. We've been competing in agility for eight months. She's my little princess, and everything I could ask for in a dog!

Next, is my unborn puppy, who already has a name. Zoom, a working bred Border Collie from Culleymont Farm. (S)he will be coming home around May hopefully, and willbe training in obedience, agility, herding, ad dock diving.

Lastly, is my mom's dog Toby, or Shuffler's Bid according to USDAA. He's a Chihuahua mix, but thinks he'sa Great Dane! He's a spunky guy, and loves to spin, bark, and spin some more.

Re: Hey from PA!

Post by Kels »

Image


that's replay on the drive to my aunt's house last weekend, she was tired from chasing those darn rabbits that come in her yard ;) haha. And this is her when it comes to listening to "stay" :doh:

Image
And here is mr wonderful Toby, the crackhead stoner thing! Whse's face most of the time looks like this :hic:
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Hey from PA!

Post by kchristy »

Welcome to you and your pups!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hey from PA!

Post by GSDNanny »

Welcome, Kels!! I've seen some working line BCs with as much intensity as a DS (I know guys, but seriously I have :yernuts:) A close friend is a herding judge and he has some champion herding BCs. They will work ALL day long, mind you. Cant go wrong with a herding breed. You will learn lots from those on this forum so ask away or do a search.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hey from PA!

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :D
Image
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: Hey from PA!

Post by Jan »

Hi Kelsey, welcome. You have great plans for the future. Ever thougt about getting a roughcoat DS someday? You'll like it. :D
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hey from PA!

Post by vneerland »

Old old topic, but we (the mods) had not welcomed you yet. Or asked you, kindly, to create a little signature line so your posts are always signed. :oops: ;) Our bad. So welcome and if you can, please take the time to create the signature :)
Where are you located, BTW? Just curious.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Post Reply