Xena is 8 months old!

Have a photo you want to share?
Post Reply
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Xena is 8 months old!

Post by Lauren »

IMG_1002.jpg
IMG_1002.jpg (109.79 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
I am 8 months and one day old! And boy am I amazing. I have become such a big part of the family, I don't know how they ever lived without me!
IMG_0957.jpg
IMG_0957.jpg (40.51 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
I helped dad finish the porch floor...

I am a super taste tester for mom in the kitchen!
IMG_0953.jpg
IMG_0953.jpg (63.66 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
At work, I have learned to carry the watering can for mom, because sometimes she has her hands full!
IMG_0997.jpg
IMG_0997.jpg (64.47 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
then I down stay in the gardens while she pulls trash and leaves out.
IMG_1000.jpg
IMG_1000.jpg (102.94 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
I LOVE to watch the people and visit my favorite shop owners! I am even very brave in the center island, but mom keeps a tight lead on me there :roll:
IMG_1003.jpg
IMG_1003.jpg (89.8 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
At home, my kitty friend Xi Ling likes to rub and love and kiss all over me, and if I get too rough, she bites my cheek. We are snuggle buddies.
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0972.jpg (49.01 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
The other two cats are coming around, too. But I still like to chase that Shen Mau. :dsrazz:

I have started to play tug with mom, because she seems to like it.
IMG_0986.jpg
IMG_0986.jpg (54.71 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
She thought that it was going to replace TREATS! Who is she kidding? I do like frisbee and fetch,too, but come on! Nothing beats TREATS. Nothing that is except my new best buddy, Reindeer!!!

I found him thrown out like a piece of trash!? Mom said I could bring him home, so I did! It was hard because he was a door stop, so he weighs a LOT! I made mom run home with me and Reindeer the WHOLE way! (she started exercising again?)
IMG_0964.jpg
IMG_0964.jpg (63.45 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
IMG_0980.jpg
IMG_0980.jpg (47.99 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
He is the bomb!

And here is a side shot to show you how mature and beautiful I am!!!
IMG_0985.jpg
IMG_0985.jpg (93.92 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
When people tell mom that I am pretty I turn and smile and wag at them, then I prance on... it is the least you can do for your fans...
Mom says that maybe NEXT I will learn to be modest??? what is that? :dsdoubt:
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by felixone123 »

Great story telling and what a beautiful girl!! She loves the camera and having her pic taken, the little ham!! Love all the shots too! Especially, love the one with the kitty :wtg: Hope I get there one day. Need to show Odin that pic so he can get the idea.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by Sugars Mom »

lol, great commentary and pics!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by kchristy »

Very beautiful girl :) congrats on all the training and thanks for sharing the photos :P
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by leih merigian »

Happy birthday to your wonderful girl! You're doing such a great job with her :wtg:

Great picture story :D

(You're not all that much farther south than me in VA, but you sure have a lot more color down there :mrgreen: )
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by Schlussdibusti »

great stoy and pics! happy 8th month! :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Hi Xena !!! You look great!! I am so happy to see you helping mom! Happy Birthday !!!

Love - Sadie and Thalie
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by alspyce »

Beautiful, and so happy to be helping!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
ICE
Training Dog
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by ICE »

What a bueatiful girl!!!

Patty
Patty and Ice
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by Marjolein »

What a nice dog! And doing such a good job helping out! Keep it up 8-)
Image
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by wahinelf »

She is gorgeous.

Who needs modesty anyway?! :D
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by leih merigian »

wahinelf wrote: Who needs modesty anyway?! :D
Definitely over rated :lol:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Isis
Puppy
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a life long dog owner who enjoys dog sports and PPT, I own a Dutch Shepherd, a German Shepherd and a Standard Schnauzer.

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by Isis »

Xena is gorgeous!! I used to have a dog named Zena, lol! But, she was a JRT, I think your Xena is adorable!
Gia and Panzer (Dutch Shepherd)

Image
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by Jan »

Great comments along whit these nice pictures, she sure looks great.
Image
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by Lauren »

Thanks for the compliments! Modesty really may be a stretch for Miss X. ;)

Leigh, those are mostly winter bloomers, but we sure have had a nice mild winter!! I got bitten by a mosquito yesterday!

:geek: And now a moment of Hypnosis for Mr. Odin: Odin, you have to give in to the kitty love. :shock: You are powerless over the kitty love. Kitty purrs are the best! Must submit to kitty love.....They are not delicious!!! :lol:
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by felixone123 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Barbara, Odin & Kai
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by leih merigian »

Lauren wrote: :geek: And now a moment of Hypnosis for Mr. Odin: Odin, you have to give in to the kitty love. :shock: You are powerless over the kitty love. Kitty purrs are the best! Must submit to kitty love.....They are not delicious!!! :lol:
:lmao:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by kchristy »

Lol so funny :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Xena is 8 months old!

Post by GSDNanny »

Loved the narration and photos of Miss Xena Bena (that's what I used to call my Zena). I agree with Leih, modesty is way overrated especially in such a gorgeous girl as your X. Thanks for sharing.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Post Reply