Nostalgia

Have a photo you want to share?
Post Reply
User avatar
Diesel
Green Dog
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:11 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hello, my name is Ashlee. I have a Dutch Shepherd who will be 5 this summer. We live in Northwest Territories Canada. Diesel is a typical Dutch Shepherd, very high intelligence and extremely high energy.
Location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories

Nostalgia

Post by Diesel »

I love looking back on Diesel's puppy days.
Attachments
First time near the water
First time near the water
cutie.jpg (105.13 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
pup2.jpg
pup2.jpg (66.63 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
pup.jpg
pup.jpg (40.51 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
diggy.jpg
diggy.jpg (60.45 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
Ashlee, Diesel and Halo
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Lauren »

Oh, he is SO adorable! I am trying my hardest to resist the temptation to add a Male pup for my Husband...
These pictures are NOT helping!!! :dssmile:
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Nostalgia

Post by felixone123 »

so adorable!!!

Go ahead Lauren, add a male pup!! What's one more?
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Jan »

It's nice to remember when they were so little and so young, I like to do that to.
Image
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Sugars Mom »

Awww, so cute! They grow so fast!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Nostalgia

Post by leih merigian »

Such a doll! You reallly got some nice shots of him.

I have my screen saver set to do a constant slide show of my pics...and I just love seeing all the various ages, every day, all the time.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Isis
Puppy
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a life long dog owner who enjoys dog sports and PPT, I own a Dutch Shepherd, a German Shepherd and a Standard Schnauzer.

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Isis »

Baby pics! Aawww! So darn cute!
Gia and Panzer (Dutch Shepherd)

Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Nostalgia

Post by alspyce »

They grow way too fast! What a cutie.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Nostalgia

Post by kchristy »

So cute, hard to believe they were such little babies at one time. Makes me wish I could have a little puppy to hold again and Merlin is only 7 months lol. I didn't get him though until he was already a bit bigger. Lauren, we are all for you getting a puppy, especially since we would love to see pics :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Lauren »

kchristy wrote: Lauren, we are all for you getting a puppy, especially since we would love to see pics :)
We are seriously considering it. This would be my husbands' dog to train. I just think that it would help her a lot to have a wrestle buddy and it would be kind of nice to get through the first few puppy adolescent years all at once and have a pair of dogs that can progress together. (and grow old together)

The down side is the first 5 months of puppyhood are still quite fresh in my mind :eew: and we want them to actually enjoy each other and not all dogs do.... If we do, you all will be the first to know~! :P
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Nostalgia

Post by wahinelf »

Look at that little baby tongue! Oh my word.
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Dutchringgirl »

If he isnt the cutest!! So handsome! I love the pic with his tongue sticking out.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Nostalgia

Post by kchristy »

I have to keep coming back to these pics, he is so cute! Lauren good luck on making a decision, I know Merlin enjoys having a friend to play with even if it is a little dog. Helps him run off alot of extra energy.
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Post Reply