I'v'e been enjoying this forum for a while now. Not sure if my dog is a Dutch mix or not. Most of the Photos of dogs that match her looks are DS or DS mix. Except for her color(so far). Kella is a subtle saddle pattern. The "tan/Red markings of GSD, is mostly black with some light hairs mixed in. Like the GSD saddle pattern, she is losing more black as she gets older.(now just 24 months) The lighter sections include a mix of tan and red in an uneven mix. I'm not very good with technology so it may take a bit to get photos up. The other photo problem is she usually shows as just black in most photos.
I adopted her from the local county shelter, with the background story that her owners had asked their neighbors to watch the puppies( she came in with a black and tan male,same age) for the weekend. Two MONTHS later they had not come back, and the neighbors couldn't afford to feed the extra dogs, now 6 months old. I had been looking for a dog for about a year, and fell in love. She was scared of her own shadow at first, but has developed more confidence with more exposure to the world.
She is smart, funny, and seems to be a little more moderate energy than other herding/working dogs I've had, although high enough.
I have found the DS info here very instructive, and usually applicable to Kella. Even if she ends up not being a DS mix, I will probably look into getting one in the future, and enjoy her whatever she is.
Hi from South SF bay area
-
KellaA+dog6
- Puppy
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:59 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a married empty nester, who was lucky enough to stay home with kids, dogs, and cats when not traveling with husband.
- Location: S. San Francisco Bay Area
Hi from South SF bay area
Kella's Person Mara
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hi from South SF bay area
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: Hi from South SF bay area
Welcome to the forum!
We would love to see pics of your girl!!
If you don't mind, can you revisit the User Control Panel and add your name to the signature? I do love that you are owned by your dog though!
We would love to see pics of your girl!!
If you don't mind, can you revisit the User Control Panel and add your name to the signature? I do love that you are owned by your dog though!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hi from South SF bay area
welcome!
eager to see pics of your Kella...(it's not all that hard or I wouldn't be able to post pics
)
eager to see pics of your Kella...(it's not all that hard or I wouldn't be able to post pics
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Hi from South SF bay area
Welcome Mara! Hope to see some pictures of Kella soon. (pretty name)
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:


Facebook page.