Hi from Southern Ontario
-
ttocs
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:32 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Scott and I live in Southern Ontario, Canada. I a proud owner of a 4 month old Dutch Shephered named Remmy. I look forward to sharing pics, stories, training techniques, etc with the other members of the forum
Hi from Southern Ontario
Hi everybody. I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce the new addition to my family. His name is Remmy.
- Attachments
-
- remmy 2.JPG (82.71 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
Remmy and Hyde
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hi from Southern Ontario
Welcome! Cute!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hi from Southern Ontario
too cute! How old is he? Where is he from?
And welcome!
And welcome!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
-
ttocs
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:32 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Scott and I live in Southern Ontario, Canada. I a proud owner of a 4 month old Dutch Shephered named Remmy. I look forward to sharing pics, stories, training techniques, etc with the other members of the forum
Re: Hi from Southern Ontario
Remmy is 4 months old. He is from the Windsor/Detroit area.
Remmy and Hyde
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: Hi from Southern Ontario
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Remmy is gorgeous! Is he a rescue from the area, or from a breeder? I moved from MI about 4 years ago and I only know one breeder(s)...Jon and Connie. Fast flyball dogs
If you get a moment, please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. It helps us keep straight who is who and who's pup is who's!
Looking forward to updates about your kid!!
Remmy is gorgeous! Is he a rescue from the area, or from a breeder? I moved from MI about 4 years ago and I only know one breeder(s)...Jon and Connie. Fast flyball dogs
If you get a moment, please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. It helps us keep straight who is who and who's pup is who's!
Looking forward to updates about your kid!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- lisaanne
- Puppy
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:37 pm
- Tell us about yourself: 40 something mom of 3 sons, 2 living....mother of one beagle girl, Puddles age 9 and our yet to be determined "shepherd" type girl Beta, age 2. Beta was rescued from an area no-kill shelter and was assumed to be a GSD/Greyhound mix, perhaps? I sure cannot find anything greyhound about the girl, sought out Brindle Shepherds and came across the DS, and began to wonder.....she is the absolute best dog anyone could want.
- Location: kenosha
Re: Hi from Southern Ontario
What a sweet baby boy! Sure is hard to resist those babies!! I really need to stop even looking, but I just can't help myself! 
Lisa from Kenosha Wisconsin.....
half-way between Chicago and Milwaukee on the heart of Lake Michigan
Mom to Puddles (9 y/o f beagle) and Beta (2 y/o f DS or other shepherd mix?)
half-way between Chicago and Milwaukee on the heart of Lake Michigan
Mom to Puddles (9 y/o f beagle) and Beta (2 y/o f DS or other shepherd mix?)
-
GunnersMom
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 4:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Sarah and my Dutch Shepherd is Gunner! She is just a little over 5 months old and loves to play with her cousin, Kilo, a GSD. She also loves to jog with me, go for hikes in the forest and play fetch with her trusty tennis ball. She is the best thing to come home to...plus my husband! Currently, we are going through training with her to understand as much as we can about her and the breed.
- Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: Hi from Southern Ontario
Hi! I think Remmy is my pup's brother! Her name is Gunner and we got her in the Windsor area.
Funny thing...we had the name Remmy picked out for our pup too!
Funny thing...we had the name Remmy picked out for our pup too!
Sarah & Gunner
- Olie
- Green Dog
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.
Re: Hi from Southern Ontario
Welcome Remmy and Hyde!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)

Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)



Facebook page.