Hello from Southern California

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
underhispinions
Just Whelped
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:23 am
Tell us about yourself: I have been a "silent" member for sevral years but can't remember my log on information and the e-mail is not working.I own a femle Dutch Shepherd and have had her for several years.Her registered name is Nika Vo Der Coeur and I am located in Southern California.I would like my log in re-instated,thank you.Sheryl Payne

Hello from Southern California

Post by underhispinions »

Hi,my name is Sheryl Payne and I live in Souhern California.I have a Dutch Shepherd bitch that is a UKC Champion in conformation.While I know she would not be considered PC for the working crowd,I adore her!.Nika has recently been spayed due to getting older.I also have horses (Arabian & Quarter horse).I tried to up-load a photo but it aid the extension bmp is not allowed :-(
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by icvanstra »

Welcome Sheryl!

Don't worry about the folks on the forum who are working dog people. Everyone is here for the same reason - our love for the Dutch Shepherd Breed.

eric
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
underhispinions
Just Whelped
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:23 am
Tell us about yourself: I have been a "silent" member for sevral years but can't remember my log on information and the e-mail is not working.I own a femle Dutch Shepherd and have had her for several years.Her registered name is Nika Vo Der Coeur and I am located in Southern California.I would like my log in re-instated,thank you.Sheryl Payne

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by underhispinions »

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by vneerland »

:wave: Welcome Sheryl.
Looking forward to your pictures. You are not the only one who combines the love for DS's with the love for horses, and there is nothing wrong with having a good looking dog either. ;)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
syzygy
Puppy
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:34 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have two wonderful van Neerland Dutch Shepherds and play a little at UKC events.

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by syzygy »

Welcome, Sheryl!

Don't worry about the other ways to play with your DS! I haul my poor working-bred kids to shows all the time. In fact I am part of a local UKC club and we put on a lot of those shows. The DS is so scary smart, you will get a lot of folks asking about them, especially if you start doing Rally and obedience. I have done the conformation game, too--it's fun. Too bad more folks don't show--it certainly doesn't hurt anything and we need some competition out there for Grand CH's.

Enjoy the forum--folks here do a little of *everything* with their dogs.

Ellisa

UCD URO1 Int'l CH Ishi Isis van Neerland UCH CGC and UCD URO1 Java van Neerland CGC

:wtg:
"I have gone off to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."
User avatar
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:12 am
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Welcome! I'm in the club with horses & DS's. :) An arab right now, but have had QH's, amongst other breeds.
Kelly
Image
Koenig
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by leih merigian »

Hi Sheryl!

I don't have any horses, but adore them...as well as my DS puppy :fluffy: .

Eager to see pictures of your stunning girl!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Aztechalo
Puppy
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:01 am
Tell us about yourself: I live in North Monterey County, CA with my husband, three step kids, one gorgeous and wonderful Dutch Shepherd and a whole bunch of livestock type animals. The humans are into sustainable farming, the dog is into chasing deer and digging up gophers. My day job is an Operations Supervisor at Santa Cruz Regional 911. One of these days, I'm going to get another DS.
Contact:

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by Aztechalo »

Hi Sheryl! I have horses too so it sounds like we're in god company! I have Warmbloods and rescues of various types. DS seemed like a logical animal to go with them. Of course, sometimes the horses administer tough love.
Marsha and Chaos (4 yo, DS)

In all Chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order.
-Carl Jung
underhispinions
Just Whelped
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:23 am
Tell us about yourself: I have been a "silent" member for sevral years but can't remember my log on information and the e-mail is not working.I own a femle Dutch Shepherd and have had her for several years.Her registered name is Nika Vo Der Coeur and I am located in Southern California.I would like my log in re-instated,thank you.Sheryl Payne

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by underhispinions »

Look forward to seeing everyones photos (horses too)!Thanks :D Photos are Nika,Athena,"Paloma" and Nika again :g_wink: Tough love,too funny! Yep,God company-love it !!
Attachments
Nika_von_der_Coeur Group First,Champ.jpg
McAthena2240.jpg
KDUCAAULL0WCADMSNDDCAFUSRH8CAXINXJ3CAP5IJORCA7AE8IYCA1MT2SSCAMMJPSFCAMQG67YCAARZJDXCA66OCVTCAR2I55ZCAOBVAA0CA9JA11FCAWYGKZRCA7X3EY7CARZXJG1CAD1ANHN.jpg
KDUCAAULL0WCADMSNDDCAFUSRH8CAXINXJ3CAP5IJORCA7AE8IYCA1MT2SSCAMMJPSFCAMQG67YCAARZJDXCA66OCVTCAR2I55ZCAOBVAA0CA9JA11FCAWYGKZRCA7X3EY7CARZXJG1CAD1ANHN.jpg (5.07 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
101_1013[1].JPG
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by vneerland »

Wow! Look at that arab dish! 8-) Very pretty four legged family! Thanks for sharing. :love:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
underhispinions
Just Whelped
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:23 am
Tell us about yourself: I have been a "silent" member for sevral years but can't remember my log on information and the e-mail is not working.I own a femle Dutch Shepherd and have had her for several years.Her registered name is Nika Vo Der Coeur and I am located in Southern California.I would like my log in re-instated,thank you.Sheryl Payne

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by underhispinions »

Thanks!
User avatar
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:12 am
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by turnnburn52984 »

What a good looking crew!!
Kelly
Image
Koenig
User avatar
syzygy
Puppy
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:34 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have two wonderful van Neerland Dutch Shepherds and play a little at UKC events.

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by syzygy »

I love the horse pictures! I am down to one horse--lost my ancient Egyptian Arab a few years ago--he was close to thirty. If I could afford to feed them I'd have a lot more horses. Right now I'm just barely keeping up with the dogs and cats and the two pet fish.

Ellisa
"I have gone off to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by GSDNanny »

Sheryl, the photos of your DS and horses are great! I am envious of the horse owners on here. I have access to many horses to ride at a friend's ranch, and even as a teenager had access to ride other's horses, but at some point, owning my own pleasure or trail riding horse is on my 'bucket list' before I get too old to get back in the saddle! Arabs are so striking! After just completing the 'sheep shak' and my kennels at my little farm, I have just started a one horse barn. Maybe by next spring. :wtg:

Denise Gatlin
Louisiana

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Post Reply