new from oklahoma
- ocsocdavis
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:04 pm
- Tell us about yourself: my name is cameron i'm 25 i got my first DS about a year ago her name is sarasha i'm very happy with her and wish to expand her knowledge and activities
new from oklahoma
My name is cameron and i wanted to say hello, and the main reason i'm here is because of sarasha my wonderful DS i'm hoping that i can expand on her activities beyond just a walk here or general behavior training. So if anyone has any ideas that can make me and my sarasha more active and have a better owner dog relationship let me know.
- Attachments
-
- sarasha
- sarasha.jpg (211.69 KiB) Viewed 2135 times
cameron - sarasha
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: new from oklahoma
Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: new from oklahoma
Hello Cameron!
Welcome to the forum. Sarasha is a beautiful girl, and an absolutely beautiful name. Can you share how you came up with that? I love it! Also, where did your sweet girl come from? There is certainly tons of training information on here. I think we have had threads about everything - tracking, rally, agility, tricks....etc.
Please take a moment and visit the User Control Panel (link in the upper left of the upper left of the screen) and create a signature that includes your name. It helps so mush to keep track of who is who.
Looking forward to more pictures....
Welcome to the forum. Sarasha is a beautiful girl, and an absolutely beautiful name. Can you share how you came up with that? I love it! Also, where did your sweet girl come from? There is certainly tons of training information on here. I think we have had threads about everything - tracking, rally, agility, tricks....etc.
Please take a moment and visit the User Control Panel (link in the upper left of the upper left of the screen) and create a signature that includes your name. It helps so mush to keep track of who is who.
Looking forward to more pictures....
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- ocsocdavis
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:04 pm
- Tell us about yourself: my name is cameron i'm 25 i got my first DS about a year ago her name is sarasha i'm very happy with her and wish to expand her knowledge and activities
Re: new from oklahoma
thanks everyone i truely look forward to looking at all the training boards i can in time, as for her name it's gaelic meaning freedom/ liberty and i thought it was perfect, we got her here in oklahoma at a place called heartland kennels about a year ago. I came by DS by accident i was looking for a gsd and a friend told me of these kennels his friend had and he thought they had gsd turns out they where DS and i'm glad cause shes my first DS and most likely not my last.
cameron - sarasha
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
Re: new from oklahoma
I live in Oklahoma as well! Funny thing is, I purchased my ds from a man right on the arkansas/oklahoma border who his male and female were registered, but he was not planning to breed the male(8 months) to his female at the time. He stated he wasn't ready to have the puppies and was getting "rid of them" What he did tell me was the name of the sire of his male. I was able to track the sire back to Hearthland kennels and have spoke with Lisa several times and she believes my Merlin looks like her dogs. Although it will never be confirmed our pups could be related! Your girl is very pretty! Welcome to the forum 
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin


Facebook page.

