
Hello from Arizona
-
coyotesfan97
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:13 pm
- Tell us about yourself: K9 handler in AZ working Dutch Shepherd named Lotus
Hello from Arizona
I'm a K9 Handler from Arizona working a Dutchie named Lotus. The car not the flower.
We've worked together one year. I worked a Malinois before but Lotus is a hoot! I've been lurking for awhile and finally got my act together and posted.


Ron S. and Lotus
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. Thucydides 471BC
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. Thucydides 471BC
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
Re: Hello from Arizona
Welcome!
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
-
coyotesfan97
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:13 pm
- Tell us about yourself: K9 handler in AZ working Dutch Shepherd named Lotus
Re: Hello from Arizona
Thanks all.
@Marjolein, I'm not sure of hs lineage. I'll have to look through his paperwork but I don't remember seeing the lines. He has a big head, short muzzle, and big jowls. I'll post a better pic To show that.
I have people compare him to a jackal, a hyena, or a dingo. I see from reading other posts that's pretty common.


@Marjolein, I'm not sure of hs lineage. I'll have to look through his paperwork but I don't remember seeing the lines. He has a big head, short muzzle, and big jowls. I'll post a better pic To show that.
I have people compare him to a jackal, a hyena, or a dingo. I see from reading other posts that's pretty common.


Ron S. and Lotus
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. Thucydides 471BC
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. Thucydides 471BC
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hello from Arizona
Hi Ron!
I've actually ridden in a lotus...wow!
Welcome!
I've actually ridden in a lotus...wow!
Welcome!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hello from Arizona
Welcome
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
-
Travis
- Puppy
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:56 pm
- Tell us about yourself: 1 rescue dutch shepherd
1 retired malinois (now passed)
1 pomeranian (yaps incessantly)
New micro-Dutchie addition
Re: Hello from Arizona
Welcome! We live in Phoenix (Glendale actually). What part of Arizona are you in?
Travis -> human (of questionable sanity)
Doggies:
Doggies:
- 1 senior NADSR rescue dutch shepherd
1 pocket Dutchie tennis ball addict
1 geriatric pomeranian (yaps incessantly)


Facebook page.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 