On board in Oklahoma

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Stonewall
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:35 am
Tell us about yourself: I live in the USA on a large secluded and wooded area with my Wife and two children. We love the peaceful setting. We had a wonderful German Shepherd mix that passed away. He was a loyal companion and watchdog. We hope to own our first Black Shepherd soon.

On board in Oklahoma

Post by Stonewall »

Hello to everyone. I certainly hope this finds you well. I, over the course of many months, have become greatly interested in this breed. They seem to have all qualities one would include if drawing up the diagram of the (near)perfect dog. I hope to learn more from those of you who know them best.

Stonewall
-Stonewall

"Those of strength, speed, and skill are inevitably surpassed by those of resolve, determination, and will"
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: On board in Oklahoma

Post by alspyce »

Welcome! So, when do you plan an addition to your family?? There have been some really beautiful dogs placed through rescue, if you're looking! Many of them are here in our group.

http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org/
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: On board in Oklahoma

Post by Christie M »

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the introduction.

Thank you, also, for signing your post :D It helps the forgetful like myself.
For ease, you might want to add your name to your signature, along with the quote. Then you don't have to remember to sign.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Stonewall
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:35 am
Tell us about yourself: I live in the USA on a large secluded and wooded area with my Wife and two children. We love the peaceful setting. We had a wonderful German Shepherd mix that passed away. He was a loyal companion and watchdog. We hope to own our first Black Shepherd soon.

Re: On board in Oklahoma

Post by Stonewall »

Thank you both for the welcome. I took your advice and edited my signature, Christie. I am already discovering a wealth of helpful information through this forum.
-Stonewall

"Those of strength, speed, and skill are inevitably surpassed by those of resolve, determination, and will"
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: On board in Oklahoma

Post by GSDNanny »

Welcome, Stonewall! Wise of you to research this breed as some DS are not for the weak of heart. This forum incorporates the most knowledgeable of the DS breed and are very willing to share. So welcome again and enjoy!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: On board in Oklahoma

Post by Olie »

Welcome!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
Post Reply