Happy Birthday Geyser!

Have a photo you want to share?
Post Reply
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by leih merigian »

My pup is two years old today! I can hardly believe it.

I decided to give her her first cornish game hen for her birthday dinner...

Waiting to be released to eat...
Image

Hmmm...what is this new thing?
Image

Guess I'll start on this leg here...
Image

I should'a got a few more pics as she polished it off, but I was busy cooking dinner and moved on with other things.

She is so good about eating RMBs...she keeps them on this vinyl mat thing (yet another use of her "rug" cue, this version is "keep it on the rug" :mrgreen: ), and she carefully crunches up everything. She never tries to swallow anything that's too large; just a very tidy eater. I love it.

Many happy more, little monkey!!!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by felixone123 »

:box: :party1: Happy Birthday Geyser!!

Looks like you had something better than a cake :lol:

You sure are pretty!! I think your mommy should post more pics of you.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Happy Birthday!!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
alexis
Green Dog
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: Live in NYC with Zane

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by alexis »

Happy birthday! She looks excited about her present!
alexis & zane in NYC
alexis
Green Dog
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: Live in NYC with Zane

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by alexis »

oops, double post!
Last edited by alexis on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexis & zane in NYC
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by alspyce »

Happy Birthday!! 2 years goes by fast when your not looking, doesn't it?
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Happy Birthday!

:party1: :party2: :party3:
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by leih merigian »

Geyser said to tell all'a y'all thanks for the well wishes!!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Happy Birthday!

What a lucky girl, and a beautiful smile. :D
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by Marjolein »

wa, too late for the party :( But happy (late) birthday Geyser!! That chick sure looks tasty :player:
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by vneerland »

Me too. Way too late, but we're the first ones for next year, Marjolein? ;)
Happy Bday G. :party2:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by leih merigian »

While Geyser can tell what time it is (morning training/play/hiking time, rest/nap time, afternoon play time, not to mention dinner time :mrgreen: ). she's totally not good with annual events, so she's still happy to get well wishes :wtg:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by Lauren »

Well Wishes it is! I absolutely love that big grin on her face! I would love to know how you trained her to keep the food on the mat. As it is, I have to take all of mine outside for their meals! :eew:
Lauren from Western NC
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by leih merigian »

Lauren wrote:Well Wishes it is! I absolutely love that big grin on her face! I would love to know how you trained her to keep the food on the mat. As it is, I have to take all of mine outside for their meals! :eew:
From the time she was a baby puppy, whenever she gets a bully stick or any kind of treat that big and potentially messy, it's always been "keep it on your rug," and when it slips off or is moved off the rug, replace it, repeating the phrase. Over and over and over and ....you get the picture :D . This is her fleece rug in the front room, which she gets a treat on at nite while we're watching TV. It helps a lot when they're babies that their whole body fits into the middle of the adult-sized rug :mrgreen: .

But, she got the concept pretty quickly, and then I just transferred it to the kitchen mat, which I also call a rug to her. When I replace it, I'll get a color she can actually perceive, like blue or yellow (they don't see red, but that's what I had in stock :lol: ).

She doesn't do so well with eggs on this rug, tho, so I give those to her outdoors on the grass. I can just give it to her at the door and send her out...she knows where to go and what to do with it :mrgreen: . Not sure why she doesn't get it for eggs...maybe she just gets too darn excited (she really, really loves eggs).
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by k9katet »

Happy birthday Geyser! I can't believe they are 2 already!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by leih merigian »

k9katet wrote:Happy birthday Geyser! I can't believe they are 2 already!
I know! Happy Birthday to her sister, Letty!!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by k9katet »

Here's Letty's birthday pic that I posted on Facebook. No time for hats or sashes this year. I don't think she minded though. She did get to go in to socialize and get really yummy cookies from the doggy chiropractor after Copper's appointment.
551615_3490479376816_898632657_n.jpg
551615_3490479376816_898632657_n.jpg (118.72 KiB) Viewed 4037 times
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by alspyce »

Beautiful!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by felixone123 »

wow - sistas!! Happpy Birthday to you too Letty!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Post by k9katet »

It's fun seeing their similarities and differences as they grow up. Having had mixed breeds before my Dutch Shepherds I have really enjoyed my relationship with their breeder and with being able to see all of my dogs relatives and what they are up to and making friends with some of their owners.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Post Reply