howdy
-
herder
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:45 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a few MalX's and a Dutch HerderX. I live ruraly in a valley surrounded by woods and enjoy the security they provide. I spend the majority of my time with them.
howdy
Hello all,
I hope you are all happy and healthy. My name is Rory, I live in Ireland. I have a young X herder bitch from Dick and Selena van Leeuwen, I have 2 male X malinois that are decendants of van Leeuwen / Duco II(R.Seegers) dogs and a malinois female that is line bred on Elgos.
I do a bit of security work with the dogs and spend a lot of time with them training or out walking the woods.
Not sure what other information is relevant,
R.
I hope you are all happy and healthy. My name is Rory, I live in Ireland. I have a young X herder bitch from Dick and Selena van Leeuwen, I have 2 male X malinois that are decendants of van Leeuwen / Duco II(R.Seegers) dogs and a malinois female that is line bred on Elgos.
I do a bit of security work with the dogs and spend a lot of time with them training or out walking the woods.
Not sure what other information is relevant,
R.
Rory.
- MeganBays
- Green Dog
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.
-
herder
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:45 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a few MalX's and a Dutch HerderX. I live ruraly in a valley surrounded by woods and enjoy the security they provide. I spend the majority of my time with them.
Re: howdy
Hi Megan,
Thanks for the welcome. I just looked at your web-site and your dogs look really nice. You must have some fun looking after so many strong dogs.
R.
Thanks for the welcome. I just looked at your web-site and your dogs look really nice. You must have some fun looking after so many strong dogs.
R.
Rory.
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: howdy
Hi R,
Welcome!
What kinds of fun training do you do, besides what you do for work?
Welcome!
What kinds of fun training do you do, besides what you do for work?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
-
herder
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:45 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a few MalX's and a Dutch HerderX. I live ruraly in a valley surrounded by woods and enjoy the security they provide. I spend the majority of my time with them.
Re: howdy
Hi Leih,
Thanks for the welcome.
I train tracking with all my dogs. I live with a lot of woodland around me so plenty of space to work with.
I do agility with my dogs but not that really fast rehearsed routine compitition stuff. I will put up a link to a video. I do obedience with agility on obsticals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXa00-i9 ... ature=plcp
R.
Thanks for the welcome.
I train tracking with all my dogs. I live with a lot of woodland around me so plenty of space to work with.
I do agility with my dogs but not that really fast rehearsed routine compitition stuff. I will put up a link to a video. I do obedience with agility on obsticals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXa00-i9 ... ature=plcp
R.
Rory.
-
Selena
- Green Dog
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.
- Location: Scherpenzeel, fr, the netherlands
- Contact:
Re: howdy
Hi Rory! Pics are always welcomed here. Loved Moll's latest pics.
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: howdy
welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- MeganBays
- Green Dog
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.
Re: howdy
herder wrote:Hi Megan,
Thanks for the welcome. I just looked at your web-site and your dogs look really nice. You must have some fun looking after so many strong dogs.
R.
...it gets interesting sometimes...
Megan Bays
www.kolemountainkennels.com
www.kolemountainkennels.com
-
Selena
- Green Dog
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.
- Location: Scherpenzeel, fr, the netherlands
- Contact:
Re: howdy
Nahhh, can't be..i look after your dogs. Sway and Berkely would work out fine. Hedwig and Bor lived here and we boarded Rabbit, no problem thereMeganBays wrote:herder wrote:Hi Megan,
Thanks for the welcome. I just looked at your web-site and your dogs look really nice. You must have some fun looking after so many strong dogs.
R.
...it gets interesting sometimes...
That's why havent visit yet...who will look after the dogs, some really have to be seperated in an indoor/ outdoor kennel for cleaning & feeding. Others can be looked after by people we know and trust.
- MeganBays
- Green Dog
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.
Re: howdy
Selena wrote:Nahhh, can't be..i look after your dogs. Sway and Berkely would work out fine. Hedwig and Bor lived here and we boarded Rabbit, no problem there![]()
![]()
That's why havent visit yet...who will look after the dogs, some really have to be seperated in an indoor/ outdoor kennel for cleaning & feeding. Others can be looked after by people we know and trust.
We are trying to figure out what to do wit Bor in a few weeks.. We are driving a puppy out to CO and are debating taking him with us, or having someone feed him (his kennel is completely closed in now, so they'd just have to toss food in the side lol).
Reppie is such a baby, I can't ever imagine him giving anyone problems LOL. I'd love to work him with a hidden sleeve to see him be civil, because he just so happy go lucky I'd like to see that other side!
Are your kennels finished yet? We are going to have to finish ours before we would be able to visit.
I'd love to see pics Rory!
Megan Bays
www.kolemountainkennels.com
www.kolemountainkennels.com
-
Selena
- Green Dog
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.
- Location: Scherpenzeel, fr, the netherlands
- Contact:
Re: howdy
Not yet..
There are pics on my kennel fb page
There are pics on my kennel fb page
- MeganBays
- Green Dog
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.
Re: howdy
I am hoping we can get ours started on again. All kennel construction was put on a stand still but hopefully we can get it going before winter hits......
Megan Bays
www.kolemountainkennels.com
www.kolemountainkennels.com
-
herder
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:45 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a few MalX's and a Dutch HerderX. I live ruraly in a valley surrounded by woods and enjoy the security they provide. I spend the majority of my time with them.
Re: howdy
Hi Selena,
I hope you are all well.
Moll is getting bigger and a little more serious. She is big enough, and looks nicely muscular especially for her age. A friend of mine was here today so I had her out most of the day today, we did a bit of tracking and a bit of bite work. She is a real pleasure to have around the place.
When we got to the start of the track, my friend had driven seperatly and gone on ahead ten or fifteen min.s before me. So she is perfectly calm getting out of the car and putting on the harness but once she is given the command 'seek' she is full speed ahead and barks consistantly as she pushes forward. I must help to slow her down and make her think.
I will put up some pictures presently.
R
I hope you are all well.
Moll is getting bigger and a little more serious. She is big enough, and looks nicely muscular especially for her age. A friend of mine was here today so I had her out most of the day today, we did a bit of tracking and a bit of bite work. She is a real pleasure to have around the place.
When we got to the start of the track, my friend had driven seperatly and gone on ahead ten or fifteen min.s before me. So she is perfectly calm getting out of the car and putting on the harness but once she is given the command 'seek' she is full speed ahead and barks consistantly as she pushes forward. I must help to slow her down and make her think.
I will put up some pictures presently.
R
Rory.
-
herder
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:45 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a few MalX's and a Dutch HerderX. I live ruraly in a valley surrounded by woods and enjoy the security they provide. I spend the majority of my time with them.
-
herder
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:45 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a few MalX's and a Dutch HerderX. I live ruraly in a valley surrounded by woods and enjoy the security they provide. I spend the majority of my time with them.
-
herder
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:45 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a few MalX's and a Dutch HerderX. I live ruraly in a valley surrounded by woods and enjoy the security they provide. I spend the majority of my time with them.
-
Selena
- Green Dog
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.
- Location: Scherpenzeel, fr, the netherlands
- Contact:
Re: howdy
She had most of her height grow now, maybe another cm in the next 6 months or so, now she'll start filling out. Filling out with the females is ready around 18 mo. Starting to get serious around this time is right, she will be more and more and at the top around 13/14 mo 
She's bigger/ heavier as Meis.
She's bigger/ heavier as Meis.
-
herder
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:45 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have a few MalX's and a Dutch HerderX. I live ruraly in a valley surrounded by woods and enjoy the security they provide. I spend the majority of my time with them.
Re: howdy
'Starting to get serious around this time is right, she will be more and more and at the top around 13/14 mo'
I am excited for the next few months. She is already commited to every thing she does. But she is also stable.
R.
I am excited for the next few months. She is already commited to every thing she does. But she is also stable.
R.
Rory.
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: howdy
Welcome Rory. If you don't mind, could you create a signature in the user control panel on the top left of the page? Keeps you from having to remember that your name seems to start with an "R". 
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 


Facebook page.
