A warm HELLO from Mexico!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
GrayWolf
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:13 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi! I am a mexican girl who recently got a little black dutch shepherd mix and I´d love to share with all of you and your experience !! :) I´m 20 year old

A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Post by GrayWolf »

Hello all of you! My name is Valery and I got this forum by surfing the web. A mont ago my boyfriend an me got this lovely female mix of a dutch shepherd (according to a trainer friend of us) and we love to know how raise it.
It´s name is Brandy and she´s around 4 months old :D
Be sure that as soon as I learn how to put a photo right here I´ll share it :)

Well... please be gentle and say hi! :)
With love... Valery
User avatar
TexasMedy
Puppy
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:27 am
Tell us about yourself: Hello Everyone,

My wife and I live north of Houston in Spring, TX. We have 3 kids, age 17, 19 and 20. We have a Dutch Shepherd, 3 Dalmatians and a Maltipoo.
Location: Spring, TX

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Post by TexasMedy »

Hi Valerie,

Welcome to the forum. I joined about 24 hours ago and can not figure out the photo upload process myself. I'm also new to the breed. I'm sure you will find some good info on this forum.
Dan, Leticia and our dog family - Medy (DS), Coco (Dalmatian), Isabela (Dalmatian), Zoey (Maltipoo)
jjohnsice
Puppy
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:50 pm
Tell us about yourself: jsut lost my maggie p of 14 yrs, never knew what breed she was until someone on a degenerative mylthopia noticed her pics and told me what she was. the most loyal, intelligent, athleic, loving dog a person could ever ask for.
Location: Little Rock,AR
Contact:

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Post by jjohnsice »

How to raise your pup?

With lots of love, lots of adventure, and a whole lot of exercise. From my experience a dutch is play jsut about anything, if you like basketball -they will play basketball, if you play soccer- they will play soccer, if you play frisbee - they will play frisbee, if you play golf - youll never again hit your ball from where it lied lol, etc, etc, etc..

At some point you might jsut think, I have to much dog, its not not easy to wear out a duch they require rich and full loves of adventure, work, and play.. but your dog will soon be the most treasured thing in your life.
john h
the departed maggie p
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Post by alspyce »

Hi and Welcome.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Post by Schlussdibusti »

welcome :wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
GrayWolf
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:13 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi! I am a mexican girl who recently got a little black dutch shepherd mix and I´d love to share with all of you and your experience !! :) I´m 20 year old

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Post by GrayWolf »

Thank you all for your welcomes :D I´ll be around to learn more about my puppy because i have a lot of questions hahaha I´m sure we gonna be friends :)
With love... Valery
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Post by vneerland »

Welcome here Valery! Your English is very good. 8-)
Do you have (sport) plans with your new pup? I was just curious, since you mention a 'trainer friend'?
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
GrayWolf
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:13 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi! I am a mexican girl who recently got a little black dutch shepherd mix and I´d love to share with all of you and your experience !! :) I´m 20 year old

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Post by GrayWolf »

Thank you :D and aww I´d really like to practice agility with Brandy but, I don´t have enough time to do that... We met a trainer because we´d like she learns how to obey us n.n I think she´s really smart because in just a few days she learned how to sit and stuff d: i used a clicker for that :)
With love... Valery
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :)
You GOTTA find some time to do agility (or anything else), it's so much fun to do a sport with your dog :)
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Post by vneerland »

GrayWolf wrote:Thank you :D and aww I´d really like to practice agility with Brandy but, I don´t have enough time to do that... We met a trainer because we´d like she learns how to obey us n.n I think she´s really smart because in just a few days she learned how to sit and stuff d: i used a clicker for that :)
:mrgreen: So just imagine how fast she would pick up the agility training. ;)
All kidding aside. Committing to whatever kind of training for a dog is always time consuming, but on the other hand, it is extremely rewarding, if only because doing things together strengthens even the best bond even more. :wtg:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Post Reply