It's holiday...

Have a photo you want to share?
Post Reply
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

It's holiday...

Post by Jan »

...in our backyard.
Joep thinks: "what goes up must come down":
Image

"I don't think so":
Image

"Okay. Then I start reading a book":
Image

"It's a thriller by the way":
Image

Meanwhile The Old Lady enjoys live in her own way:
Image

While Bas just likes to sit on a bale of hay, dreaming about what's beyond the horizon:
Image
Image
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: It's holiday...

Post by felixone123 »

love it! love the narration and story!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: It's holiday...

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Floor dosnt look happy. Joep is cute as always and I just love Bas.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: It's holiday...

Post by felixone123 »

BTW, I love that you taught your dog to read!! Was it a good thriller?
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: It's holiday...

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Great pics, as usual :)

The topic 'it's holiday' reminds me of my first time off request when I was fairly newt o the US. The paper asked for 'reason to take time off', I wrote 'holiday'. My supervisor crossed it out and wrote 'vacation'. In the US 'holiday' = 'bank holiday', in the UK 'holiday' = 'vacation'. :lol: I learned British English in Germany and was not used to these fine nuances.
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: It's holiday...

Post by leih merigian »

Nice, Jan!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: It's holiday...

Post by alspyce »

Nice!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: It's holiday...

Post by Marjolein »

:lol: :D
Image
Selena
Green Dog
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.
Location: Scherpenzeel, fr, the netherlands
Contact:

Re: It's holiday...

Post by Selena »

Schlussdibusti wrote:Great pics, as usual :)

The topic 'it's holiday' reminds me of my first time off request when I was fairly newt o the US. The paper asked for 'reason to take time off', I wrote 'holiday'. My supervisor crossed it out and wrote 'vacation'. In the US 'holiday' = 'bank holiday', in the UK 'holiday' = 'vacation'. :lol: I learned British English in Germany and was not used to these fine nuances.
We learn Oxford English too, here in Holland.

LOL, sometimes when I hear myself speak english I notice that when I speak to someone from the States I use American words and when I speak to someone from the UK I use british words like the ones I learned.
Meg ( megan bays) learns me southern slang :angel:
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: It's holiday...

Post by icvanstra »

When I visit with one of my Uncles he becomes frustrated because I speak "American English" instead of "Oxford English."

I think the influx of so many non-English words into the American language would throw him the most! Didn't help that he is re-married to a wonderful woman from Suriname and her "english" is even a great mix.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Post Reply