Vermonter, don't have a DS yet, but strongly looking

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
feraloup
Training Dog
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
Location: VT

Vermonter, don't have a DS yet, but strongly looking

Post by feraloup »

Greetings. New here, just discovered this forum while researching the DS breed. Have lots of dog experience, have had several dogs in my life, as well as worked in a boarding kennel for several years, and worked for a doberman breeder during the same time period. I have never owned a DS before, but my love of GSDs and similar breeds have led me here, and I'm thinking to join the ranks of DS fanatics in the near future. :love:

I'm here to learn, my postings may be sporadic, as I have limited computer access, but I look forward to making your collective acquaintance and sharing some of your experiences.

Thanks and regards!
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Vermonter, don't have a DS yet, but strongly looking

Post by alspyce »

Welcome! What part of Vermont are you from??
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
feraloup
Training Dog
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
Location: VT

Re: Vermonter, don't have a DS yet, but strongly looking

Post by feraloup »

I currently live in Vergennes, VT, and work in Shelburne. I grew up in South Burlington/Burlington area. The Adirondacks are part of my daily view when I'm traveling Rt. 7. :) (Noting you're from the NY side of "the pond" *grin*)

Regards!
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Vermonter, don't have a DS yet, but strongly looking

Post by Christie M »

Welcome to the group! You will find many enthusiasts here and a TON of knowledge.

Please take a moment and create a signature for yourself that includes your name. It helps us keep everyone straight :D
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Vermonter, don't have a DS yet, but strongly looking

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome, they are addicting !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
feraloup
Training Dog
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
Location: VT

Re: Vermonter, don't have a DS yet, but strongly looking

Post by feraloup »

Sounds good! I will try to make a proper "signature" attachment for my posts sometime in the coming week. I don't actually have a working computer at home right now, so it'll have to wait 'til I'm back at work. I can do some limited stuff from my phone, but technology and I have an uneasy truce, at best.
In the meantime, I'm Autumn in Vermont.

(No, seriously, not just being cute, my name really is Autumn, and yeah, I live in Vermont. ;) )
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Vermonter, don't have a DS yet, but strongly looking

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome, Autumn in Vermont!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Vermonter, don't have a DS yet, but strongly looking

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome :wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Post Reply