((((((cola pix)))))))
- Nico
- Puppy
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:34 am
- Tell us about yourself: Hello everyone, I live in Brooklyn New York. I am about to bring a female Dutch Shepherd puppy into my house, and though she isn't here yet I have a ton of questions I want to know the answers to before she arrives on the scene. Looking forward to being an active member of the community and contributing what I can. Thanks,
Nico
((((((cola pix)))))))
so here are some pics of Cola finally! they are from the last week since i picked her up.
- Attachments
-
- c7.jpg (54.72 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
-
- c6.jpg (40.41 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
-
- c5.jpg (44.94 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
-
- c4.jpg (35.84 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
-
- c3.jpg (48.9 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
-
- c2.jpg (85.92 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
-
- c1.jpg (57.71 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
Nico, Molly and Cola
- Manstrom
- Puppy
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a 23 year old military member who just got my first Dutch shepherd. I've grown up my whole life with various breeds and trained Rhodesian ridgebacks for several years prior to joining the service.
- Location: Valdosta Georgia
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
Awesome looking pup!
"A German Shepherd does what you tell it to, a Malinois does it before you tell it, a Dutch Shepherd does it before you think it"
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback
- Geremy
- Puppy
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 am
- Tell us about yourself: greets from germany!
my name ist stephanie and we have 2 dutchies.
boyd´s bullriding geremy - he is now 5 years and trained in mondioring, SAR and K9
and there is his halfbrother boyd´s bullriding I.Q. he is trained in KNPV and mondioring. - Location: Bavaria/Germany/Europe
- Contact:
-
johninny
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1326
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
- Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
- Location: NH/hamptons/nyc
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
so much like the coloring of TraceDog and my almost 8 month old Sakima. from Christie and the coloring suggests to me you have a really extraordinary dog on your hands. congratulations!
i offer DS playdates with Saki in nyc and at the beach or elsewhere as often as convenient for you if you desire.
i offer DS playdates with Saki in nyc and at the beach or elsewhere as often as convenient for you if you desire.
- Attachments
-
- Sakima's 1st day at his new home.JPG (7.29 KiB) Viewed 3367 times
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
I just fell off the chair at her cuteness !!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
How precious is she!! Love her black face! I want a puppy!!
Sue (and Sugar)

- Nico
- Puppy
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:34 am
- Tell us about yourself: Hello everyone, I live in Brooklyn New York. I am about to bring a female Dutch Shepherd puppy into my house, and though she isn't here yet I have a ton of questions I want to know the answers to before she arrives on the scene. Looking forward to being an active member of the community and contributing what I can. Thanks,
Nico
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
Hi everyone, thanks! She really is an amazing little pup. So smart with such a personality! I truly love the little lady.it is wild for me to begin to see her personality emerge and get to know the life that will be with me the next 12-15 years. really blows my mind when I think about how much everything must change within that span. It is also very touching, to see the face of the little life for which my wife and I have custodianship. I am super grateful that I found Christie M., she really placed a great new friend in my world.
geremy- She is from Christie M. Northwoods/Thunderhawk K9.
Johninny-I would love to have a playdate for her! i think it would be wonderful for her to socialize with other another DS. i will send you a message. i really appreciate you reaching out like that. i think it will be great for Cola to have a pal.
geremy- She is from Christie M. Northwoods/Thunderhawk K9.
Johninny-I would love to have a playdate for her! i think it would be wonderful for her to socialize with other another DS. i will send you a message. i really appreciate you reaching out like that. i think it will be great for Cola to have a pal.
Nico, Molly and Cola
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
Fantastic !! yeah, Christie touched a few of our lives !!! I got Sadie through Christie from the NADR.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- HeatherH
- Green Dog
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Heather. My husband and I are empty nesters in or mid 40. We bought a 8 wk old ds from a breeder. We got the name buy a new neighbor. I bought thr dog because we both just putvthe last of or 3 dogs down. I had a dalmatian before I met my husband 4 yeats ago. The love of my life. Iove dogs that are smart and full of energy. I lve hiking but need yhe push. I am just learning alot about the new little guy, but I need more info.
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
They're so cute at this age. They're always cute. But puppy wiggling. Just saying
Heather from Hamilton Ont.
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
- Nico
- Puppy
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:34 am
- Tell us about yourself: Hello everyone, I live in Brooklyn New York. I am about to bring a female Dutch Shepherd puppy into my house, and though she isn't here yet I have a ton of questions I want to know the answers to before she arrives on the scene. Looking forward to being an active member of the community and contributing what I can. Thanks,
Nico
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
I love butt puppy wiggles !!!! Sadie still does it, she is so long her whole body wags.HeatherH wrote: But puppy wiggling.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
AHHHHHH.
She looks like she has settled right in. How come your arms aren't as scratched and cut up as mine are
I really am the lucky one. You are the person that everyone wants to find for their puppies. You guys did your research, contacted other breeders as well as other people within the breed, and went out of your way to do everything right by her. I am so glad to see her doing well with you and can't wait for future updates and pictures.
OK to share this on the FB page?
She looks like she has settled right in. How come your arms aren't as scratched and cut up as mine are
I really am the lucky one. You are the person that everyone wants to find for their puppies. You guys did your research, contacted other breeders as well as other people within the breed, and went out of your way to do everything right by her. I am so glad to see her doing well with you and can't wait for future updates and pictures.
OK to share this on the FB page?
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
wow - what a cutie!!!
she is beautiful!! All the best to you and your girl.
she is beautiful!! All the best to you and your girl.Barbara, Odin & Kai
- feraloup
- Training Dog
- Posts: 352
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
- Location: VT
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
Cuteness incarnate! What a gorgeous little girl!
Huge congrats!
Autumn Dufresne
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
- Geremy
- Puppy
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 am
- Tell us about yourself: greets from germany!
my name ist stephanie and we have 2 dutchies.
boyd´s bullriding geremy - he is now 5 years and trained in mondioring, SAR and K9
and there is his halfbrother boyd´s bullriding I.Q. he is trained in KNPV and mondioring. - Location: Bavaria/Germany/Europe
- Contact:
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
oh i see - she has great bloodlines !!! respekt!
wish you a lot of fun with the cute princess
wish you a lot of fun with the cute princess
Greets Steph
www.chaosgang.gnx.at
www.chaosgang.gnx.at
- Olie
- Green Dog
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.
- Nico
- Puppy
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:34 am
- Tell us about yourself: Hello everyone, I live in Brooklyn New York. I am about to bring a female Dutch Shepherd puppy into my house, and though she isn't here yet I have a ton of questions I want to know the answers to before she arrives on the scene. Looking forward to being an active member of the community and contributing what I can. Thanks,
Nico
Re: ((((((cola pix)))))))
Christie, hey she has definitely settled in! She is being super awesome, she has a lot of energy but so do I! We are having a wonderful time. i have her signed up for an intro to agility class starting the 9th. We play everyday. it is amazing to see the way she learns. I have fun teaching her new stuff all the time! She is incredibly smart and really sweet. Commands so far: She has a pretty good hang of sitting, down, shaking hands (i called it "paw"), jumping straight up in the air (jump), she is learning to play fetch but sometimes loses the object of the game. She will "leave it" when we are walking and she starts sniffing something nasty and is working on drop it. She can certainly be stubborn but is getting better.
I think the kitten Francis is in love with her. I just caught him licking her belly and her freaking out ( in a nice way) about it.
please post anything you want on facebook. i am totally cool with it. I am more than happy to share.
I think the kitten Francis is in love with her. I just caught him licking her belly and her freaking out ( in a nice way) about it.
please post anything you want on facebook. i am totally cool with it. I am more than happy to share.
Nico, Molly and Cola


Facebook page.