Salutations from Xena and family in Virginia

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
Xena_N_Me
Just Whelped
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:12 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Charlie, My girl Xena is a purebred DS pup that I purchased from Mose Hugghis in Topeka Kansas. Once I learned about the DS breed, I became obsessive. I love dogs and especially a DS. I know very little but hope to learn and train Xena to get the most out of her. I hope to one day have all the knowledge and skills that it takes to be a professional trainer, I am a student in need of mentors. I hope that my participation in this forum will help guide and shape me into the adept trainer that I hope to one day be

Salutations from Xena and family in Virginia

Post by Xena_N_Me »

Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I am a proud new companion of 11 week old Xena. Pics will be coming soon! She was the last bitch of the litter from Mose Hugghis in Topeka Ks, He told me there was a forum so here I am! I hope to gain some buddies to share in my enthusiasm with this breed and definitely hope to gain some good advice and knowledge from the more seasoned DS lovers i may find here. I hope to someday be a successful canine trainer. Right now i am far from it, but hey, you have to start somewhere! I look forward to spending some time here in the forum as Xena and I grow together.
Xena (12week DS pup, from K9otcworkingdogs.com)

A.R

User avatar
Manstrom
Puppy
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 am
Tell us about yourself: I'm a 23 year old military member who just got my first Dutch shepherd. I've grown up my whole life with various breeds and trained Rhodesian ridgebacks for several years prior to joining the service.
Location: Valdosta Georgia

Re: Salutations from Xena and family in Virginia

Post by Manstrom »

Welcome to the forum, Im rather new to the forum myself but this place is packed full of knowledgeable owners that can answer nearly any question imaginable.
"A German Shepherd does what you tell it to, a Malinois does it before you tell it, a Dutch Shepherd does it before you think it"
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Salutations from Xena and family in Virginia

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome! Can't wait to see pics and hear some puppy stories : )
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
feraloup
Training Dog
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
Location: VT

Re: Salutations from Xena and family in Virginia

Post by feraloup »

Welcome! :) I'm a new Dutch Shepherd person, myself. I've had and worked with dogs most of my life but only just got my first DS about 5 weeks ago. (He's a male gold brindle pup, he'll be 18 weeks old tomorrow.)

I look forward to stories and pictures of your Xena! :)

(Nice typed attempt at a zaggarite, by the way, now if you can train HER to do that trill I'll really be impressed! ;) )
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Salutations from Xena and family in Virginia

Post by Christie M »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new addition! Can't wait to see some pictures!
If you don't mind, can you please ad your name to your signature? It helps us all remember who we are speaking to! Thanks!!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Post Reply