New from TN
-
ltsgsd
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I currently have a GSD that I compete in IPO with, Dexter vom Schattendal IPO1, T2 HOT. Have been in the sport for about 12 years and am always looking for more info on training. Recently have been introduced to the Dutch Shepherd, so I am trying to find out as much as possible abot this breed.
New from TN
I am completely new to Dutch Shepherds. I compete in IPO/Schutzhund and am starting to see some Dutch Shepherds in this sport. Would like to learn as much as possible about them.
- LyonsFamily
- Training Dog
- Posts: 947
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
- Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years - Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: New from TN
Welcome to the forum! What do you currently compete with? What particularly would you like to learn? If you go back through old forum posts there's a ton of info and there are a bunch of knowledgeable members on this forum that can help you out.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
-
ltsgsd
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I currently have a GSD that I compete in IPO with, Dexter vom Schattendal IPO1, T2 HOT. Have been in the sport for about 12 years and am always looking for more info on training. Recently have been introduced to the Dutch Shepherd, so I am trying to find out as much as possible abot this breed.
Re: New from TN
LyonsFamily,
Thank you!! I compete with a GSD for now. I am looking at bloodlines to see which dogs consistently "throw" good puppies, and which kennels work there dogs as well as sells. Also what lines are good for high level IPO. I like a dog that is high drive, clear headed, not handler aggressive but aggressive in protection, not equipment fixated.
Thank you!! I compete with a GSD for now. I am looking at bloodlines to see which dogs consistently "throw" good puppies, and which kennels work there dogs as well as sells. Also what lines are good for high level IPO. I like a dog that is high drive, clear headed, not handler aggressive but aggressive in protection, not equipment fixated.
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: New from TN
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the bio! We always appreciate it!
If you have a moment, you can also visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. It helps us tell everyone apart.
Whew - moderator duty over!!!!
Where in TN are you located? I am also in TN, located in Cookeville. We train for IPO and PSA. We have blood lines related to Vrijheid (Asheley Winters in Salt Lake City Utah), Nicky Verlee (KNPV), Titan des Crocs De L'Olympe (French Ring 3) with some other stuff mixed in. Would love to have you out and talk about the different things we see with at least these lines. Additionally, Dameon Berry is in Knoxville, TN and has some nice DS as well. His current competition dog is IPO 1, but hopefully getting his 2 in April and going for his 3 at the AWDF Nationals (which are right over the border in KY this year....same club hosting the Working Dutch Shepherd Association Nationals in 2014).
Lots of things I could throw into this message!!! But glad to have you here!
Thank you for the bio! We always appreciate it!
If you have a moment, you can also visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. It helps us tell everyone apart.
Whew - moderator duty over!!!!
Where in TN are you located? I am also in TN, located in Cookeville. We train for IPO and PSA. We have blood lines related to Vrijheid (Asheley Winters in Salt Lake City Utah), Nicky Verlee (KNPV), Titan des Crocs De L'Olympe (French Ring 3) with some other stuff mixed in. Would love to have you out and talk about the different things we see with at least these lines. Additionally, Dameon Berry is in Knoxville, TN and has some nice DS as well. His current competition dog is IPO 1, but hopefully getting his 2 in April and going for his 3 at the AWDF Nationals (which are right over the border in KY this year....same club hosting the Working Dutch Shepherd Association Nationals in 2014).
Lots of things I could throw into this message!!! But glad to have you here!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: New from TN
Welcome
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
-
ltsgsd
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I currently have a GSD that I compete in IPO with, Dexter vom Schattendal IPO1, T2 HOT. Have been in the sport for about 12 years and am always looking for more info on training. Recently have been introduced to the Dutch Shepherd, so I am trying to find out as much as possible abot this breed.
Re: New from TN
Christie,
Thanks for the info. A confession, I am figuring out how to get a sig up still. Think I have got it now though. I am in Arlington Tn outside Memphis. I train in DVG at the Delta Schutzhund Club and have an IPO 1 on my GSD, Dexter vom Schattendal..
I will put the Dutch Nationals on my calender!!! Hoping to get to the AWDF.
From what I have been reading , the bloodlines you listed, are some of the ones I see in working lines consistently and ones I am interested in.
Lorelei
Thanks for the info. A confession, I am figuring out how to get a sig up still. Think I have got it now though. I am in Arlington Tn outside Memphis. I train in DVG at the Delta Schutzhund Club and have an IPO 1 on my GSD, Dexter vom Schattendal..
I will put the Dutch Nationals on my calender!!! Hoping to get to the AWDF.
From what I have been reading , the bloodlines you listed, are some of the ones I see in working lines consistently and ones I am interested in.
Lorelei
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: New from TN
Well just let me know if you ever want to visit!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown


Facebook page.