Hey y'all! I'm baaaaaack.
-
GSDNanny7
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Lots happened since I was active here so getting back in the saddle. Hoping to catch up.
Hey y'all! I'm baaaaaack.
Been a long time since I've been here with my kindred spirits in the love of our striped beasts. Missed ya. Hope all is well and will soon peruse the posts I've missed. Briefly, our home of 27 yrs totally burned on Feb 23, losts 3 dogs, one cat, my truck including 15 yrs of training gear, horse trailer, 4 wheeler, boat, just bout everything. BUT we were safe and not home. Just bought and moved to a lil piece of heaven, 13 acre farm with 2 acre pond. In process of building dog training yard, kennel bldg. So now for me to catch up with you all. PS, had to start another acct, similar name tho, wouldn't let me re activate the old one. So how's everyone's striped beasts?
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: Hey y'all! I'm baaaaaack.
OMG, so sorry to hear about the fire and your losses. That is terrible to hear
Sounds like you are moving on tho, and that is good. Nice to see you back here...I wondered...
Sounds like you are moving on tho, and that is good. Nice to see you back here...I wondered...
Sue (and Sugar)

- Dark Side
- Puppy
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:15 am
- Tell us about yourself: In love with Dutch Shepherds for almost 20 years, I now breed them with love and passion.
Settled in the south east of France, near the Italian border, I practice Mondioring with my dogs and also dog shows. Looking forward to sharing my passion with you all !!
http://www.bergerhollandais.fr/ - Location: South east of France
- Contact:
Re: Hey y'all! I'm baaaaaack.
Terrible news, it must be so hard... But at least you're safe... Welcome back ! 
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hey y'all! I'm baaaaaack.
So sorry for your loss, and for the animals lost. Glad you folks are safe. Welcome back, we've missed you! Hopefully life gets back on track quickly for you.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
Re: Hey y'all! I'm baaaaaack.
OMG, how tragic.
But focusing on the positive....the 13 acres property with 2 acres lake sounds wonderful!
But focusing on the positive....the 13 acres property with 2 acres lake sounds wonderful!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Jupiter, Florida
- icvanstra
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1153
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
- Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort
Re: Hey y'all! I'm baaaaaack.
All,
Just a quick note. I have reached out to Denise to get her back on her original account.
going to deactivate this one soon.
eric
Just a quick note. I have reached out to Denise to get her back on her original account.
going to deactivate this one soon.
eric
Eric
- - Cino vom Foxtal
- Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
- Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
- feraloup
- Training Dog
- Posts: 352
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
- Location: VT
Re: Hey y'all! I'm baaaaaack.
How horrifying... words fail to express how my heart is wrenched on your behalf from such a stunning loss. So glad you are experiencing better fortunes, now, and a hearty welcome back!
Autumn Dufresne
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hey y'all! I'm baaaaaack.
OMG Denise! Sounds like you've made lemonaid out of a volcano, tho
so sorry for all your losses...geeze...
so sorry for all your losses...geeze...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...


Facebook page.
