Hey, y'all!
-
jessiloo
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I may appear shy, but in truth I'm very outspoken and quite adventurous at times. I love my family fiercely, two legged and four legged alike. I keep a few select friends close to my heart, but I have a permanent place in my heart for all fur babies.
Hey, y'all!
I am a newbie from northeast Florida. I came across this forum as I was researching the net to help me figure out what breed(s) my fur baby, Max, may be. When we got Max, we already owned a yellow labbie named Jack and wanted him to have a companion. We found Max on our local humane society website and adopted him on Christmas eve in 2010. He was eight weeks old and came from a good size litter that were mistakenly labeled as an AmStaff mix. However, after a few months or so it was apparent that he definitely did not favor the physical characteristics of an AmStaff. So began the guess and speculation as to what breed he has in him. He was born with brindle coloring and pointy ears that just became bigger the older he got. His ears constantly put a smile on my face during his adolescent months. They would criss-cross at the top of his head, then fall to the side, then point straight up, then finally the very tip would just only flop over a bit. He has the sweetest disposition, though he is wary of new people at first. The first time I saw a picture of a Dutch Shepherd I thought, "Bazinga!" Anyway, hopefully once I figure out how to post images I can get y'alls opinion on whether he may be a Dutch Shepherd.
~Jessi
Mom to:
Jack - Yellow Lab
Max - Um, not sure... lol
Mom to:
Jack - Yellow Lab
Max - Um, not sure... lol
-
johninny
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1326
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
- Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
- Location: NH/hamptons/nyc
Re: Hey, y'all!
WELCOME, Newbie. thanks for rescuing Max. can't hardly wait to see the photos. good luck at that.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: Hey, y'all!
Welcome, and you tell a familiar story of discovery of the DS breed! Looking forward to pics : )
Sue (and Sugar)



Facebook page.