Hi there!
I'm new to the world of Dutch Shepherds, but have owned dogs my whole life. Currently studying Animal Sciences and am looking at getting a Dutchy in the next year or so to start competing in Schuzthund and just to have a great companion. I am looking for any advice and information you guys can give me on reputable breeders, do's and don'ts for this particular breed, and any other sources of information. I hope to be hearing from some of you!
-Lauren
New To The Dutchy World
-
bpython24
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:13 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I currently do not own a Dutch Shepherd, but an English Mastiff. I want to get into the sport of Schutzhund as I train dogs and absolutely love Dutch Shepherds.
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: New To The Dutchy World
Welcome to the forum Lauren!!
Where are you studying at?
Where are you studying at?
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
-
bpython24
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:13 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I currently do not own a Dutch Shepherd, but an English Mastiff. I want to get into the sport of Schutzhund as I train dogs and absolutely love Dutch Shepherds.
Re: New To The Dutchy World
Thanks! I am currently at the University of Illinois. The program here is great, but very ag based, so lots of cows, pigs, sheep, and horses. My interest started in marine biology but I have shifted gears to dogs. I've trained several(including my own) and find it extremely rewarding. After I trained my first dutchy I fell in love. What is your experience with dogs and this breed?


Facebook page.