Hello form Ontario!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
Lavish
Just Whelped
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 pm
Tell us about yourself: (Animal) Crazy people of the north ;)

Hello form Ontario!

Post by Lavish »

Hi All!
My name is Jessica, I'm from Ontario Canada :horse:
I have recently added a DS to my family, a decision I wish I had made many years ago! My mom (Deb) took home his sister (Jazzy) so we both have our hands full with the best not-so little dogs we could ask for. I come from a very prolific background of dog sports being heavily involved in competition and teaching conformation handling, agility, obedience, rally, tracking and lure coursing. We're extremely interested in getting involved with shutzhund and are in the process of discussing things with a local club about how to get started.
Jetson turns 4 months old this week, and is doing wonderfully in his training. Having to be very creative to keep him from getting bored but not advance too quickly in his 'education' and physical limits as a puppy. I live part time in the country with my mom and our menagerie of animals and part time in the city with my boyfriend and his delicious....er... darling cat.
:dshead:
Image Brrrrrr!
Image Sleepy Jetson
Image Jazzy
Jessica and Jetson
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by Christie M »

Hey Jessica,
Welcome to the forum!! I just love the pictures and the versatility that you are planning with your Dutch. Where did Jetson come from? He is gorgeous!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome! He is beautiful
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by vneerland »

Hello Jessica and Jetson! Welcome. :wtg:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by leih merigian »

Greetings Jessica and welcome!

What a lucky boy you have...such a great life ahead of him with so much fun stuff to do!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Lavish
Just Whelped
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 pm
Tell us about yourself: (Animal) Crazy people of the north ;)

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by Lavish »

:D Thank you
Christie, I got him from a kennel that breeds and trains for military and service work in Nanticoke/Hamilton Ontario. I can't remember the breeders name, I'll have to ask my mom lol. It was a bit of a fluke that these guys were available, but I am selfishly ecstatic that things turned out the way they did, because now HE'S ALL MINE! muahahahahahaha!
Jessica and Jetson
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by GSDNanny »

Welcome aboard, Jessica and Jetson!! :w00t: Glad to have you both and his sis, Jazzy too. What fun you must be having with two DS pups at one time! Never a dull moment, eh? :lol: Do keep us posted with pictures and stories.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :dslook:
Image
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by icvanstra »

Welcome to the forum!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
completek9
Just Whelped
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: I live in Ontario, Canada and own a dutch shepherd, malinois and enjoy training dogs.

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by completek9 »

Jessica I have your dogs brother. Feel free to contact me.
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by vneerland »

Completek9 welcome here. Please introduce yourself in the appropriate section and don't forget to sign your posts.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by icvanstra »

vneerland wrote:Completek9 welcome here. Please introduce yourself in the appropriate section and don't forget to sign your posts.
Judith... this isn't the right area for her? :dsrazz:
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by vneerland »

icvanstra wrote:
vneerland wrote:Completek9 welcome here. Please introduce yourself in the appropriate section and don't forget to sign your posts.
Judith... this isn't the right area for her? :dsrazz:

Comprehensive reading Van Straten. :roll:
I was referring to "Completek9", NOT to Lavish/Jessica and Jetson. :dswink" :dsrazz:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Choochi
Training Dog
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Hello form Ontario!

Post by Choochi »

Hi Jessica
Where in Ontario are you? I'm in Toronto.
Choochi
Post Reply