Xena 7.5 weeks
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
Xena 7.5 weeks
Here goes my first attempt at posting Xenas picture..
- Attachments
-
- Xena IMG_0480.jpg (47.5 KiB) Viewed 2665 times
Lauren from Western NC
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Xena 7.5 weeks
She's so cute, looks like a little angel. Congratulations on figuring out photo posting--I am the resident idiot--took me about a dozen tries.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: Xena 7.5 weeks
Precious picture. I love her face!!
Where did she come from?
Where did she come from?
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
Re: Xena 7.5 weeks
Thanks guys. Xena may LOOK like an angel, alspyce, ...... but my cats beg to differ!
She came from Doyle Hall in Anderson, SC. He has the sire and his partner in Douglas, Ga has the dam. (dad is a guard dog and mom is trained in search and rescue.) I think they go by "Diamond K-9s"
I was surprised that her ears were already up. He said that she and one brother had their ears up early. I am hoping that this means she will be on the smaller side(isn't that what I read somewhere on this site?). Her father is a bit big at 95 pounds (he didn't look all that big to me, but he is muscular), I'm hoping Xena will be closer to 75. She has been a delight and is sleeping through the night already!!
She came from Doyle Hall in Anderson, SC. He has the sire and his partner in Douglas, Ga has the dam. (dad is a guard dog and mom is trained in search and rescue.) I think they go by "Diamond K-9s"
I was surprised that her ears were already up. He said that she and one brother had their ears up early. I am hoping that this means she will be on the smaller side(isn't that what I read somewhere on this site?). Her father is a bit big at 95 pounds (he didn't look all that big to me, but he is muscular), I'm hoping Xena will be closer to 75. She has been a delight and is sleeping through the night already!!
Lauren from Western NC
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Xena 7.5 weeks
OMG!!! I want to reach through the screen and hug her !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Xena 7.5 weeks
congratulations on such a cutie! hope she's everything you're looking for...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
Re: Xena 7.5 weeks
Xena is wonderful. Not nearly as wound up as I expected her to be.... she even sleeps through the night! The cats however are not as pleased as I am. (I actually caught one of them giving her a quick kiss today...) 
- Attachments
-
- IMG_0470.jpg (52.89 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
Lauren from Western NC
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Xena 7.5 weeks
You see---she really is the angel---It's the cats who are plotting against her!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
Re: Xena 7.5 weeks
LOL! That IS partly true. One cat ignores her, one tries to kiss her and one stalks her with bad intent!
Lauren from Western NC
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Xena 7.5 weeks
Very cute pup! Congrats. As for wishing for smaller: 75lbs is not small for a DS.Lauren wrote:I was surprised that her ears were already up. He said that she and one brother had their ears up early. I am hoping that this means she will be on the smaller side(isn't that what I read somewhere on this site?). Her father is a bit big at 95 pounds (he didn't look all that big to me, but he is muscular), I'm hoping Xena will be closer to 75. She has been a delight and is sleeping through the night already!!
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
Re: Xena 7.5 weeks
Thanks, Judith. That is even better news! He said that the dad was about 95 lbs, but he sure didn't look it.
Lauren from Western NC


Facebook page.