Hi - New Member Here = )

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
NeeNah789
Just Whelped
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:38 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Nina. I am a dental student in Los Angeles. I rescued my dog almost a year ago from a local shelter. Her name is Stella and she is the love my life!

Hi - New Member Here = )

Post by NeeNah789 »

Hi! My name is Nina, im a dental student in Los Angeles and about 9mos ago I rescued what I was told was a dutch shepherd! Regardless of what she actually is, Stella is the love of my life and I thought I would introduce you to her! If anyone has any ideas about what she might be mixed with I would LOVE the input. She's got these great little white feet that I dont see a lot in other peoples pictures...and a lovely little white bow-tie on her chest!
This is when she first came home to stay with me = )
This is when she first came home to stay with me = )
stella1.jpg (112.89 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
This is her more recently doing one of her favorite things, hiking!
This is her more recently doing one of her favorite things, hiking!
IMG_2563.jpg (357.98 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
..and this is just hangin out in the car = )
..and this is just hangin out in the car = )
IMG_0169.jpg (51.82 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies."
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hi - New Member Here = )

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome to the forum!

Beautiful dog and beautiful pics. :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hi - New Member Here = )

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome and very cute bow tie! She's very sweet looking :)
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hi - New Member Here = )

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome! What a cute dog!
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hi - New Member Here = )

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Nina and your precious Stella. FWIW, I think her coat is longer haired than most DS's, and her beautiful tail and neck hair says that she may have some Geman Shepherd heritage. The white feet suggest bull dog breed, instead of Dutch shepherd, but I would bet that there is a high dose of herder in there. 8-) Very cool looking dog and I too love the bow tie. :cheer:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hi - New Member Here = )

Post by Christie M »

I apologize that you may be reading this for the millionth time. But there are many situations where the initial rules have been overlooked and this is being posted on every post were either one of these issues have been forgone. Yes, this is a form message cause there are too any places to post this for me to personalize it.

Please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature with your name so that people can identify you with something other than you login. This is a forum rule.

Please also introduce yourself in the Intro section if you have not already done so.

We have very little rules, but if you have not conformed to BOTH of these, please do so before posting on the forum again.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hi - New Member Here = )

Post by GSDNanny »

Welcome!! Stella is beautiful and from these pictures it is obvious she is very happy as a companion to you. I too see German Shepherd in her as well.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hi - New Member Here = )

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome ! I see you both like hiking! I hike and bike with my girls all of the time and they are so happy out there. She is very beautiful! My first thought was also GSD.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Post Reply