Page 2 of 2
Re: Is my dog a Dutch Sheperd?
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:56 am
by Lavish
My vote is on whippet cross, lurcher would be my term for him... just based off of his structure, he looks quite narrow in build and slight in the chestial regions.
HE'S SOOOOOO CUTE. He should have a badge of honorary Dutch shepherd. I may or may not have poked his nose with my finger on my computer screen and said 'boop' I hope I'm not the only one who does these things.
Re: Is my dog a Dutch Sheperd?
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:50 am
by Kristie E

Jessica, I don;t usually do it the computer screen but the dogs get it often enough!!!
Re: Is my dog a Dutch Sheperd?
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:02 am
by dutchringdog
HAHAHA, I bet he really enjoyed the dead fish too!!!!
Re: Is my dog a Dutch Sheperd?
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:03 pm
by vneerland
He is adorable

and thanks for adopting.
I do not think that his brindle comes from a Dutch Shepherd though.
I can fully understand the sighthound (whippet?) x GSD cross label. He has the head of shepherd kind of dog. If the ears decide to stand (ah! And there are tips for that too, in case they need help) he will look the part. He could grow into the lanky body, but what sways my vote away from the DS heritage, is the excessive (for DS's) white. I do not see bulldog with legs like that. I expect sighthound x herder.
Re: Is my dog a Dutch Sheperd?
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:36 pm
by Dutchringgirl
For the ears - The nose strips work great! just watch what glue you use, some have a horrible smell!