Page 2 of 2
Re: Melting? Watch this topic!
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:32 pm
by Marjolein
vneerland wrote:
Marjolein wrote:And yes, get decent internet, we need live footage of these events!!

You kidding?

How do you hold a gun and a camera at the same time?
Well duh, the gun in the right, camera in the left, ofcourse

what is your point??

Re: Melting? Watch this topic!
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:58 pm
by GSDNanny
Eva, love that photo of your two Labs! Nice.
Judith, yeh, I chopped off the head of a cottonmouth last week at my little farm. The critters, snakes included, are moving toward water from the areas that are now dry which means they have to cross my farm to get to the bayou. This guy hesitated a little too long and WALLAHH!! Off with his head! Oh and someone asked, did you make sure he was poisonous first by turning him over and checking his butt scales? YEH RIGHT!! Right after I chopped off his head and knew he was dead! But I pretty well know what is poisonous or friendly at the farm although a few harmless ones do get killed by accident sometimes if I am not certain.
Love the Republic of Texas!! Especially Austin. Hubby and I have looked in the Jasper - Silsbee area to move if all heck ever breaks loose! I do carry a Glock in my truck at all times and have a shotgun on the ATV at the farm. Our vehicles are an extension of our homes so fire arms are allowed. My children and grandchildren learn at a very early age how to shoot and primarily safety issues. I wont go into politics further on this one as I have strong beliefs that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. They will have to pry my cold dead hands from mine!
Re: Melting? Watch this topic!
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:04 pm
by Schlussdibusti
Love the Republic of Texas!! Especially Austin. Hubby and I have looked in the Jasper - Silsbee area to move if all heck ever breaks loose! I do carry a Glock in my truck at all times and have a shotgun on the ATV at the farm. Our vehicles are an extension of our homes so fire arms are allowed. My children and grandchildren learn at a very early age how to shoot and primarily safety issues. I wont go into politics further on this one as I have strong beliefs that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. They will have to pry my cold dead hands from mine!
We have a "use of deadly force" law in Florida, i.e. if someone breaks into your property (vehicles are also "extensions" of homes) you can shoot the bastard. A police officer stated though it's best to "finish" them off to avoid any arguments in court.

Too funny, in the German HH forum is a recent thread about dog warning signs on your property and resulting legal issues when someone gets hurt trying to break in. A burglar won a lawsuit against a homeowner because he broke his angle on his property! Wouldn't have happened in Texas or Florida!

Re: Melting? Watch this topic!
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:53 pm
by Marjolein
I have never even touched a real gun... overhere only hunters and hobby-shooters have guns, only by special permit.
Re: Melting? Watch this topic!
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:55 am
by Schlussdibusti
I don't either. Probably would shoot myself accidently in the foot or worse.

Re: Melting? Watch this topic!
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:00 am
by Kristie E
I know of a case in Michigan where a dobe took off several of the criminals fingers as he was breaking into the house. They had signs posted saying beware of dog... he took them to court and won because they "knowingly kept" a vicious dog as proven by the signs... I HATE MI and their stupid laws that are skewed against people who own large dogs ... ugh.. don't get me started... anyway... This is why I have a gun and a shot gun so I won't have to worry that some @$#^$^@4 is gonna be able to put my dog down for doing EXACTLY what they are supposed to.
Re: Melting? Watch this topic!
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:04 am
by Schlussdibusti
Do you have in MI a "deadly force" law like in FL so you're free and clear when you "take care" of an intruder?
Re: Melting? Watch this topic!
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:29 pm
by alspyce
NOBODY is getting my guns!
Re: Melting? Watch this topic!
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:46 am
by Kristie E
Schlussdibusti wrote:Do you have in MI a "deadly force" law like in FL so you're free and clear when you "take care" of an intruder?
Yes but they better not be shot in the back...