Manicure
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Manicure
Yes, it's tough being Odin. Here he is getting his nails done. Nothing phases this boy.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
Re: Manicure
I love little miss nosy-nose in the third one.
I'm having trouble making out what is in your husband's hands....It's not a Dremel...Is it one of those "pedipaw" filers?
I'm having trouble making out what is in your husband's hands....It's not a Dremel...Is it one of those "pedipaw" filers?
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Manicure
Oh no, a perfect manicure is when my daughter gets a hold of them, thalies nails are now purple.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Manicure
not sure what a pedipaw is. This is just a nail grooming tool from inthecompanyofdogs.com. They're probably the same thing. It's a quiet tool and we got it for the nosy-nose one cause she's afraid of everything. Takes 2 AA's. My husband was trying it out on Odin before he tried the dremel. Odin is ready for the dremel.Raven wrote:I love little miss nosy-nose in the third one.
I'm having trouble making out what is in your husband's hands....It's not a Dremel...Is it one of those "pedipaw" filers?
That is so sweet that your daughter does Thalies nails and that she lets her. Ya need to put those purple sunglasses on with the purple toes and take a picture!!Dutchringgirl wrote:Oh no, a perfect manicure is when my daughter gets a hold of them, thalies nails are now purple.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
Re: Manicure
I second thatfelixone123 wrote: Ya need to put those purple sunglasses on with the purple toes and take a picture!!![]()
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Jupiter, Florida
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Manicure
Hahaha, I have some great rocks too!! I have tried taking pictures of her nails and the purple is hard to see since her nails are black.
Once Emily did her nails in bright red and we were riding and my friend yelled """Thalie is bleeding" then he saw her nails.
I have seen the dremel like nail trimmers, I would be afraid it would take off too much. Are they quiet? Thalie would be fine but Sadie would be hiding under the couch.
Once Emily did her nails in bright red and we were riding and my friend yelled """Thalie is bleeding" then he saw her nails.
I have seen the dremel like nail trimmers, I would be afraid it would take off too much. Are they quiet? Thalie would be fine but Sadie would be hiding under the couch.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Manicure
Good boy Odin!
Poor Thalie! Purple? With sunglasses?
The things a DS must go through just to be beautiful.
Poor Thalie! Purple? With sunglasses?
The things a DS must go through just to be beautiful.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Manicure
the one we got is quiet and the head moves slowly so it really can't take too much off. My husband said he had to do Odin's nails several times to get them short.Dutchringgirl wrote: I have seen the dremel like nail trimmers, I would be afraid it would take off too much. Are they quiet? Thalie would be fine but Sadie would be hiding under the couch.
Miss nosey-nose scardy dog (Dakota) is getting used to it. He had to sit on the floor, make her smell it first <click-treat>, turn it on <C/T>, put it on the floor near her paw while it was on <C/T>, and while treating her starting use it. She did great.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Manicure
thats great!
i wonder if i put my dremel on slow how it would do.
i wonder if i put my dremel on slow how it would do.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Manicure
I used to use a cordless Dremel, but now I have a cordless Craftsman (same tool, just a bit cheaper).Dutchringgirl wrote: i wonder if i put my dremel on slow how it would do.
I find the high speed better, as it works more quickly.
I am green with jealousy over Odin's calm attitude during nail grinding! I do Geyser's nails weekly, and every week it's a major PITA. Believe me, I've done everything possible to make it a non-threatening, and even higly rewarding, thing for her, but she's not having it, the little stinker
.With my GSD, I trained her to lie between my legs on her back, on the bed, and that worked pretty good for her and for my back. Geyser? No freaking way she's gonna assume that position!
Your Odin is just a wonderful dog and you guys are doing such a great job with him!
I guess they all come with their own challenges
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Manicure
Thank you, but we can't take all the credit. He came to us like that. We're just working with what we have and making it better.

Barbara, Odin & Kai


Facebook page.