Page 1 of 1

Manicure

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:46 pm
by felixone123
Yes, it's tough being Odin. Here he is getting his nails done. Nothing phases this boy.
IMG_3360.JPG
IMG_3360.JPG (201.32 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
IMG_3357.JPG
IMG_3357.JPG (165.7 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
IMG_3358.JPG
IMG_3358.JPG (198.56 KiB) Viewed 1932 times

Re: Manicure

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:13 pm
by kchristy
lol so sweet, they all look so happy :)

Re: Manicure

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:04 pm
by Raven
I love little miss nosy-nose in the third one.

I'm having trouble making out what is in your husband's hands....It's not a Dremel...Is it one of those "pedipaw" filers?

Re: Manicure

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:45 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Oh no, a perfect manicure is when my daughter gets a hold of them, thalies nails are now purple.

Re: Manicure

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:39 am
by felixone123
Raven wrote:I love little miss nosy-nose in the third one.

I'm having trouble making out what is in your husband's hands....It's not a Dremel...Is it one of those "pedipaw" filers?
not sure what a pedipaw is. This is just a nail grooming tool from inthecompanyofdogs.com. They're probably the same thing. It's a quiet tool and we got it for the nosy-nose one cause she's afraid of everything. Takes 2 AA's. My husband was trying it out on Odin before he tried the dremel. Odin is ready for the dremel.
Dutchringgirl wrote:Oh no, a perfect manicure is when my daughter gets a hold of them, thalies nails are now purple.
That is so sweet that your daughter does Thalies nails and that she lets her. Ya need to put those purple sunglasses on with the purple toes and take a picture!! :lol: :lol:

Re: Manicure

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:32 am
by Schlussdibusti
felixone123 wrote: Ya need to put those purple sunglasses on with the purple toes and take a picture!! :lol: :lol:
I second that :wtg: And take the picture while Thalie is sitting on a rock and you got our vote !

Re: Manicure

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:59 am
by Dutchringgirl
Hahaha, I have some great rocks too!! I have tried taking pictures of her nails and the purple is hard to see since her nails are black.

Once Emily did her nails in bright red and we were riding and my friend yelled """Thalie is bleeding" then he saw her nails.

I have seen the dremel like nail trimmers, I would be afraid it would take off too much. Are they quiet? Thalie would be fine but Sadie would be hiding under the couch.

Re: Manicure

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:18 pm
by alspyce
Good boy Odin!
Poor Thalie! Purple? With sunglasses?
The things a DS must go through just to be beautiful. :g_wink:

Re: Manicure

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:20 pm
by felixone123
Dutchringgirl wrote: I have seen the dremel like nail trimmers, I would be afraid it would take off too much. Are they quiet? Thalie would be fine but Sadie would be hiding under the couch.
the one we got is quiet and the head moves slowly so it really can't take too much off. My husband said he had to do Odin's nails several times to get them short.

Miss nosey-nose scardy dog (Dakota) is getting used to it. He had to sit on the floor, make her smell it first <click-treat>, turn it on <C/T>, put it on the floor near her paw while it was on <C/T>, and while treating her starting use it. She did great.

Re: Manicure

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:07 pm
by Dutchringgirl
thats great!

i wonder if i put my dremel on slow how it would do.

Re: Manicure

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:09 pm
by leih merigian
Dutchringgirl wrote: i wonder if i put my dremel on slow how it would do.
I used to use a cordless Dremel, but now I have a cordless Craftsman (same tool, just a bit cheaper).

I find the high speed better, as it works more quickly.

I am green with jealousy over Odin's calm attitude during nail grinding! I do Geyser's nails weekly, and every week it's a major PITA. Believe me, I've done everything possible to make it a non-threatening, and even higly rewarding, thing for her, but she's not having it, the little stinker :dsrazz: .

With my GSD, I trained her to lie between my legs on her back, on the bed, and that worked pretty good for her and for my back. Geyser? No freaking way she's gonna assume that position!

Your Odin is just a wonderful dog and you guys are doing such a great job with him!

I guess they all come with their own challenges :mrgreen:

Re: Manicure

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:30 pm
by felixone123
Thank you, but we can't take all the credit. He came to us like that. We're just working with what we have and making it better. :D :D