Page 1 of 1
Hello from the Florida Keys...
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:50 pm
by Southernmost Dutch
Hi Good People of DSF,
Expecting my first DS in less than two weeks. To say I'm excited would be this year's understatement. I'm psyched to have found this forum and will be surely utilizing it's knowledge base...
As soon as "Duke" arrives...you guys will be some of the first to know.
Kind regards,
Tony
Re: Hello from the Florida Keys...
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:54 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome!
Re: Hello from the Florida Keys...
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:00 am
by felixone123
welcome to you and Duke!!
Re: Hello from the Florida Keys...
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:51 am
by CaroleBoaz
Hi!

Re: Hello from the Florida Keys...
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:57 am
by vneerland
Southernmost is right! I think most DS's are key-less. But yours sure won't be.
Welcome Tony and (soon) Duke.
Re: Hello from the Florida Keys...
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:22 am
by Schlussdibusti
Welcome!

Re: Hello from the Florida Keys...
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:18 pm
by alspyce
Welcome!
Re: Hello from the Florida Keys...
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:41 pm
by lisaanne
The Keys are just about my favorite place in the US. I went there several times as a youngster and never forgot it....especially the second and third degree burns I received as a result of being in the direct sun for 10-12 hours a day without sunscreen....(being a fair skinned, freckly redhead doesn't help!) My eyes were blistered shut and I spent much of the 2 week vacation indoors... I'd love to go back...with sunscreen....and my dogs!
Best of luck with Duke, I bet you are so excited!

Re: Hello from the Florida Keys...
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:20 am
by Southernmost Dutch
Well thanks Lisa, Chris, Eva, Judith, Carole, Barbara, and Sue. I’m looking forward to exchanging stories. Lisa, I feel your pain. I’ve lived in the Florida Keys for over 25 years and am originally from Chicago. Just the other day I used the last of the sunscreen on my twin seven year olds. Mine had come off in the Atlantic and they didn’t want to leave the reef. Four hours later without a hat or sunscreen...and I was cooked. The new skin is gradually coming back...lol.
Cher Car posted new pics today and some people get their pups Monday. I have to wait an extra week until my pup is eight weeks so that he can to fly.
I can hardly stand it I’m so excited.
Regards,
Tony
Re: Hello from the Florida Keys...
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:43 pm
by felixone123
I know the excitement you are feeling!! Our Odin is an adopted rescued dutch from NADSR and my husband and I thought we were going to go crazy waiting for him to get transported from MI to NYS. He arrived on Dec 27th and was the best Christmas gift ever!!
Wishing you all the best with your new guy and must post pics of him as he is growing up.
Re: Hello from the Florida Keys...
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:52 pm
by Marjolein
welcome

Re: Hello from the Florida Keys...
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:58 pm
by GSDNanny
Welcome, Tony! Dying to see pics of your pup, Duke. Been to the Keys before on a long vacation touring south Florida. Love the Keys, was so laid back and the fresh seafood was delicious!